PC121011.JPG
PC121012.JPG
PC121015.JPG
PC121016.JPG
PC121018.JPG
PC121020.JPG
PC121021.JPG
PC121022.JPG

backlight to show interior is fully translucent and not with dark blotches except on outer edges.

PC121008.JPG

trying to show the major plane geometry of the face
lines 1.jpg

better view of the captain and how the gash follows the rim of the hat... I think these micro pits and gashesh and scratches are how the paint was used to adhere to the stone, like an inlay.
line 2.jpg

gash for the one side of the X for bone right through middle of skull.
lines 3.jpg

gash there the arm or stick to light the other torch was. also a great image of how the surface is painted

lines 4.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to find an expert and show this in person.... people who are inquisitive and open and expertise in these areas.

I can tell the difference then and now between imagination and workmanship. The images are much deteriorated unfortunately. but the form still is there.

Some things you are not considering are that the images are on the surface and do not match any inclusions or banding of the interior. whats on the surface is not a cross section of what is in the interior of it. How does that happen naturally?

I have taken some pretty bad photos as I am not good at photography and using a cheap flip phone. to show the underside and top and how vastly different they are. from the top you can see it is perfectly polished. symmetrical and has the bulbous lobe for the back of the skull, and sides into the nose brow. Of course this is crude and representational as it is VERY difficult to work hard stone like this. but not impossible. The undercut though is not as polished. and has different textures showing how much harder it would have been to work that part since it is a inward angle. If it were ocean tumbled round (which none of the others found in this area were remotely as uniformly shaped and were much more organic) then the whole stone should be as well.

here is the top,
View attachment 2018864 View attachment 2018865

now the side profile to make a jaw line View attachment 2018866 View attachment 2018867

my thump partially covers this but is the other side and again symetrical jaw line on the side.
View attachment 2018868

now finally the bottom. there is separation from the back cranial bulb and the lower jaw line and shelf of the chin View attachment 2018869

the glare actually helps show the inward angles,
View attachment 2018872

without as much glare.
View attachment 2018873

in psychology also consider when people see something they do not understand make their own basic assumptions and when something goes outside of their knowledge have bias to belittle and dismiss such evidence.

I did not go out looking for this, I did not discover it until years later. I was a teenager and handled it poorly, and do not know who to turn to for expertise.

So I am looking for suggestions of how and who to go to for such artifacts.

Thank you

Jacob
Jacob, sorry, but they are not artifacts, they are rocks. There are over 2500 years of knowledge and experience here. As long as you continue to think and look for these kinds of rocks you will never find true artifacts.

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
As shown above I found some older images in an unmarked folder with better clarity....

also, this is similar to what the other agates I had looked like and why this one stood out so much as being so smooth this is how the ocean tumbles them. My stone was in a group similar to this, can you see what it stood out from the start?

neh3ggBttbdl1FceaWA0BADRsz7I968vV6iz4lg-ElY.jpg

ok so one of these is actually tumbled and real tumbling gets them perfectly smooth. notice the banding is interrior throughout. natural tumbling still leaves them very rough
oregon-beach-agates-natural-history-museum-londonscience-photo-library.jpg

backlit stones show interrior dark spots on the edges also in the inside.
agates-oregon-coast-729-050-005.jpg

high quality agate tumbled.

il_fullxfull.1183828487_mqh7.jpg

all organic patterning and tumbling turns the stones all round and smooth on all sides.
R.48b6ab08142830100310c05d3ca53cee

more rough found agate to try to find any resemblance to.
il_fullxfull.575032443_eyzr.jpg

typical agate banding that is distinct and flowing throughout the stone.

R.d06dde0b46b1b415876ea84838a68ae3

jewelry grade agate like this one, almost no patterning or surface colors.
oregon+agate+rings+(31).JPG

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
you are wrong and as long as you keep thinking of only what can be in your limited indoctrinated mind and not what could be without actually being able to hold or inspect the stone will walk past many treasures

also I did not look for this.... it found me. Maybe because I am opened minded enough to see it.

I just collected rocks for fun, because they were treasures in their own right, but this one is special.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, they are still just rocks, not artifacts, natural stones with inclusions.

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
showing what this stone looks like amongst the typical agates found in oregon. which is why I picked it up for closer study.

thank you all for your input please forgive my frustrations at trying to convey these subtle things and with such poor photos and knowing some clarity is lost from bad handling.

reference 1.jpg

reference 2.jpg

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
and I am ok with the disbelief and mocking, that just means I have something even more rare and special here. but that implies responsibility to it and I really do not want it, and I do not want to see it lost again.

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
Thank you but it sure feels that way when comparisons are made that I am just seeing things in my imagination like I would be trying to tell people I found a shrunken petrified head with a stone like this one....

5e8-s.jpg

I would never in my life do something like that, it would be such a waste of time. this is not a joke, I need closure so someday I do not feel like I leave this world with unfinished work and not fully investigating it. I really need it laser oblated or something to test these pigment areas.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is called pareidolia. below is museum in Japan of pareidolia rocks.

9Fz4AYQ.jpg

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
I get it, I understand what you think is happening here. I understand how obscure these photos look, but dismissing it as pareidolia just because your mind does not see the details or put the whole together is irresponsible and sad because it is discouraging to true investigation, a possiblity ok? but definitive without proper examination.... NO. That diagnosis is subject to the same subconscious programing.

here is an ancient polished stone. see how it has the similar crevices and scratches,
e997e4f2a29a34e96875a7c23ee6d416.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crevices and inclusions are natural, not man-made.

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
do you think that stone in the ring had zero workmanship to polish out any of the other surfaces and came out of the earth like that?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crevices and inclusions are natural, not man-made.
There is nothing there that was carved by man, it is a mounted polished stone ring. What proof do you have that figures were carved into it? It is a random picture of a roman ring that was sold.

OP
OP
L

LincolnCityFinder

Dec 28, 2021
right so it was polished.... the polishing only went so far leaving crevices similar to the ones my stone has. I am not saying they were ever intended to be carved into it, but showing that primitive polishing techniques left these types of traces in the stone. The natural rough stones do not look like this, and modern tumbling and polishing takes them completely smooth.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The roman ring was polished, your original stones have natural inclusions, not man-made.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20210616_183007.jpg

One can easily see a face in this piece of coral stone. Found on the beach here in Florida. Did a pirate make it? Your imagination is admirable but alas you have a common beach pebble from the Oregon coast. The responses on this thread were polite & very knowledgeable. If you choose to disagree that is your right. Trying to convince others to see something that is just not there while entertaining is never going to happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread