Listen to your Mother

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
a couple months ago my mother told me about a long lost relative that served in the Confederate calvary. She told me where he was buried. After procrastinating for a couple months I loaded up the trusty old CZ-5 and headed out. Only 20 Minutes from my house I found the cemetery. There was a cool little church there also with a 4-holler out back, I found the relative and 1 merc and 4 IH's. I used the 4-holer also, not the ladies side.
Hope you enjoy the pics
HH, Ticotiger

Attachments

• gourd1.jpg
    gourd1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 512
  • gourd2.jpg
    gourd2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 505
  • gourd3.jpg
    gourd3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 510
  • gourd4.jpg
    gourd4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 506
  • gourd6.jpg
    gourd6.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 500
  • findsgourd.jpg
    findsgourd.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and thanks for the suspense......You NEVER did indicate that you didn't dig your uncle up. Glad you didnt.....

Nice coins. Hope you get more from there....

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Ya ever hear the one about the farmer that dropped 37 cents down the outhouse hole??

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
He looks down the hole, says awwww CRAP!!!!!, then throws a crisp c-note down in after the coins.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
When asked,"Why on earth would you do that?" he replies,"If you think I'm goin' down there for a lousy 37 cents you're frickin crazy!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it took you a couple of months to decide to listen to her! What were you thinkin Tiger? :D

Awesome on the finds, and the pictures tell a story too! 8)

Congrats! Nana :)

wannadanc

Aug 30, 2006
Wettern WA State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
THAT is some kind of upscale outhouse - IMHO. To have a lid and ring is luxury beyond anything I recall. What I DO recall is having to be very careful when using some that were frequented by porcupines. The porcupines had a taste for the salt in the spray zone, salt that permeated the wood around the hole. Their chewing on that created a much LARGER hole. Well, you get the picture! :D

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
My mother never told me anything like that. It was more along the line of do your homework, you're watching too much tv, get your hair cut, quit picking on your sister, etc.,etc. May she rest in peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread