scrapmagnet

Sep 18, 2023
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Quite a mix in this hole
1923 Wheatie
1946 Jefferson
Indian head (It seems that I rarely get a date on these)

I was getting jumpy numbers and depth. -10 to 35. I get a lot of this on this site due to the trash, but something seemed different. I flipped the plug and a rescan returned only a -10. Ugh. I found a small piece of rusty iron on the side of the hole nearest the plug and rescanned. Again jumpy. Pulled two from the plug and one from the hole. The last one in the hole was the Jefferson.
I had started to skip questionable hits due to small-rusty iron-fatigue syndrome.
Back to digging EVERYTHING...

I also got to see a live, verifiable, demo of the disappearing signal thing. Hit a 35. My pin pointer hit on a chunk from the plug and I spotted a rusty spot. It turned to dust when broken up. Totally dead hole after that.

Attachments

• coin-dump.jpg
    coin-dump.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a mix in this hole
1923 Wheatie
1946 Jefferson
Indian head (It seems that I rarely get a date on these)

I was getting jumpy numbers and depth. -10 to 35. I get a lot of this on this site due to the trash, but something seemed different. I flipped the plug and a rescan returned only a -10. Ugh. I found a small piece of rusty iron on the side of the hole nearest the plug and rescanned. Again jumpy. Pulled two from the plug and one from the hole. The last one in the hole was the Jefferson.
I had started to skip questionable hits due to small-rusty iron-fatigue syndrome.
Back to digging EVERYTHING...

I also got to see a live, verifiable, demo of the disappearing signal thing. Hit a 35. My pin pointer hit on a chunk from the plug and I spotted a rusty spot. It turned to dust when broken up. Totally dead hole after that.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread