****Little known tidbits of info****

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Limitool it's Coilys way of saying ,you let them live?

IMG_0069.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Spirit relics thread (pot of gold in denver) reminded me of a little tidbit.theres no pot of gold at the end of any rainbow,rainbows do not have ends.If seen from an airplane rainbows are circles.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spirit relics thread (pot of gold in denver) reminded me of a little tidbit.theres no pot of gold at the end of any rainbow,rainbows do not have ends.If seen from an airplane rainbows are circles.

Bulls**t.... I found gold at the end of a rainbow. It wasn't in a pot (that's a myth) but it was there. :laughing7: That's my story and sticking to it.... What your looking at from an airplane is a NASCAR track. Quit spreading rumors and quit drinkin' on the plane.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow! I thought we were friends!!!!

Did you want me to kill all those children or orphan them? That would make me a legendary mass murderer instantly. I have to sleep at night.... so I let every one of them live. I sent them Northeast of me. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it interesting that we were born with a brain, and reproductive organs, but only enough blood to run one at a time?......Gary

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Dragons still live. On an island in the East Indies, a dragon, known as the Komodo Dragon is 10' long, and weigh about 150#. He was spotted attacking a 90# hog. He bit off the head and swallowed it in one gulp than proceeded to down the rest of it, IN 17 MINUTES! Frank...-
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dragons still live. On an island in the East Indies, a dragon, known as the Komodo Dragon is 10' long, and weigh about 150#. He was spotted attacking a 90# hog. He bit off the head and swallowed it in one gulp than proceeded to down the rest of it, IN 17 MINUTES! Frank...

An added tidbit

When the conquistadors first landed on the Galapagos islands the komodo dragons hunted then.:laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oregon, crows also can (as a lot of people already know) talk quite clearly. A friend and I were at the Ft. Worth, Texas, zoo one day, in about 1960. He was smoking a cigarette. When we passed by the crow exhibit, the crows kept looking at us like they wanted us to give them a morsel of food. Doug, flipped his cig butt into the cage. One of the crows picked it up with his beak, and of course got burned. He flew into the wire screen screaming at us and flapping his wings. Then he broke into a string of curses that really surprised me! He was calling us sons of bit**es, and the 'mf' words. We made a hasty retreat away from the cage! I had always heard that a crow could be taught to talk if you split it's tongue. Not so, as I later read somewhere. Yes, they are very intelligent and can learn to talk just by hearing people talking. How that one learned to 'curse like a sailor', I don't know. I can't remember what all he said, but we heard several curse phrases from him.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite a few birds can be taught to talk,all they need is a fleshy tongue.Starlings are one.I had one for a pet.My cat caught a very young one.I raised it,it had quite the personality.I could go outside with it sitting on my shoulder,it would take little trips and all i'd have to do is whistle and it would come back.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David, Clubs - Alexander the Great, Hearts - Charlemagne, and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you tried to count off a billion seconds, it would take you 31.7 years.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Ever turn your back to the ocean while detecting and got knocked over?
A 4', 10sec. wave striking the coast expends more than 35,000 HP per mile of coast. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Komodo dragon season opens here soon.... let's go camping Red and Frankn.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres a strange one while not exactly a tidbit it makes you wonder.I have a book,its a diary of a Revolutionary war Hessian soldier.When he got over here and the soldiers were climbing into the row boats to be transported to shore,one soldier fell overboard.While waiting to be pulled into the row boat,the writer of the diary(I'd have to unpack my books to get his name)claims to have seen a big claw come up grab the floating soldier and pull him under,never to be seen again.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heres a strange one while not exactly a tidbit it makes you wonder.I have a book,its a diary of a Revolutionary war Hessian soldier.When he got over here and the soldiers were climbing into the row boats to be transported to shore,one soldier fell overboard.While waiting to be pulled into the row boat,the writer of the diary(I'd have to unpack my books to get his name)claims to have seen a big claw come up grab the floating soldier and pull him under,never to be seen again.

Ok... Frankn and I will take my tent and YOU get the hammock.... settled!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread