Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roaches can also fly but prefer not to,roaches also jump..Pheasants are the same way,they'll run to avoid a hunter.

Hell at least I'm as smart as a roach and a pheasant. I prefer not to fly or jump but damn if I won't run like hell (or freeze) to avoid being hunted (unless I have my .22 mag... that's all I need and don't put it to the test).

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Top 4 Insects that Bug New Orleans

Scroll down to number 3 ...

Only the weakest cockroaches succumb to a smack with a flip flop.

I had no doubt you were being honest chad.I had a room mate years ago.when he moved in he brought roaches with him.Yup that pissed me off.Never seen not one of them fly.I saw them jump though.I bought a tube of stuff from an exterminator,problem solved.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 1800's,drinking 'tea" made from boiled old shoes was thought to cure disease.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In certain parts of Arkansas, children were given "cow chip tea" (yep, them chips) to prevent illness. I actually met a man who told me about it ... among other "folk remedies" his parents administered.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I got to say, I have seen them run and to my surprise, i have seen them flt. I have even seen them squeeze under baseboards that would just barely accommodate a 20# piece of paper. I have seen studies where they lived after there head was cut off! Just some old remembrances. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Observing age: How does one tell the age of things?
Trees have there annual rings, some fish have scales with rings, lines on the shell of clams, lines in the horns of mountain sheep, colorful bill ridges of the puffin bird, and in horses it is the teeth. Time tells all! Frank...-
111-2 head.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think on us it is count the wrinkles....[emoji12]

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 most prized Autographs, 1.Shakespeare(6 are known to exist) 2.Christopher Columbus (8 exist) 3.Julius Caesar (None are known to exist),just another tidbit.Good thread Frankn!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Do fish sleep?
Many fish in coral reefs do sleep, and actually assume sleeping positions, typically by standing on there tail, or leaning on a rock. However a majority of fishes are in continual motion, but do have times of lesser activities.
Frank...-
five star.png

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do fish sleep?
Many fish in coral reefs do sleep, and actually assume sleeping positions, typically by standing on there tail, or leaning on a rock. However a majority of fishes are in continual motion, but do have times of lesser activities.
Frank...-
View attachment 1030807

That's pretty interesting.I use to go fish gigging at night in WV,and I remember seeing some that where doing what you described,never crossed my mind that they might have been sleeping!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do fish sleep?

For a long time when they hit my deep fryer.....

I used to know EVERYTHING... but that was back when I was 18-19 and 40 years ago. Now I'm having trouble contributing to this thread. But I'm thinking (trying).

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
As a younger man, I, too, thought I knew everything.
But at this age (far greater that Limitool's), I fear I'm losing all that knowledge.
Don..

I got dubbed the name 'I KNOW' from a chap I used to work with,that was 41 years ago,now,the older I get the more I DON'T KNOW!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Apparently Chadeaux hits the report post button at Tnet more than anyone else on the forums.

It must be true, I read it on the internet - at Tnet - in my inbox.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got dubbed the name 'I KNOW' from a chap I used to work with,that was 41 years ago,now,the older I get the more I DON'T KNOW!

Don & Worldtalker.... Like most typical 18-22 yr. olds most of us think we really do know a lot more then we really do. Now that we've gotten older (and wiser) we realize like worldtalker said "What we don't know". It's not that we're just forgetting were actually wiser... and that's called EXPERIENCE!!!! And you don't read or are told about it you actually went and got it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I was told unequivocally that I am the champion here. Proof on its way. If you don't get it email me.

Hooray me?
CHADEAUX nothing wrong with reporting, it is the PMs complaining to mods and admins because they didn't agree is the issue........

Now please keep it off the forums....

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not trying to be a horse's patoot, and no names or reason for the statement were mentioned.

I simply think the statement is funny considering how many times I HAVE BEEN REPORTED ON ... of course only certain ones would be privy to that info so the person who made the accusation may just be expressing their opinion.

Then again, perhaps I really am the champion. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Sorry, no animus here ... just find it funny as hell.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
How far back does your memory go? I can remember when I was 2 my parents went to a friends home in NJ and dropped me off then went to the WORLDS FAIR in NY.
I was mad because they didn't take me, but then who wants a terrible 2 stage youngster at the Worlds fair? Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions