Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about the tea right now, as a lot of the trees still alive have been treated for the pine beetles. When all the pine trees are dead, and the snow quits coming, I plan to step in and turn this area into the biggest golf course the world has ever seen. Drives of 2 to 3,000 ft. will be the norm from the top of Peak 10.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning...I love the 2nd pic, looks like cotton.

:wink: RR

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope! I know cotton and that ain't it! Still, it's pretty but you can keep it all to yourselves. 70 degrees is a two blanket night.

Attachments

• All Aboard Atty 001A.jpg
    All Aboard Atty 001A.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 169

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN love the snow pics I can almost think of the one as dandilions and make beleive its summer ! NOT ! If I feel the air temp LOL! Great Pics!

WF love the "MUG" of you and your friend!

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Atty, short for Attitude. Atty doesn't like cold of any kind. He's a Congo African Gray with attitude. :laughing9: He has to have a window next to his cage on the boat and thinks he owns the wheelhouse. We didn't think about his life expectancy when we got him. I am 65 and he is 2 & 1/2. He may live 80 years or so and is a full time cleanup project. Our kids are already fighting over who is going to get him when we are gone. Actually, it's pretty funny. The wife gets up and fixes him breakfast, he takes over my coffee in the morning and talks like he is giving us orders. "Atty wants toast", "What are you doing?", "Arrrg Wench, get me a grog", (I taught him that one) and dozens of other things. Many of his talking is self taught from whatever he heard on the TV or from us talking around him. He's a trip!
The weather here is very cold for south Florida. I know it doesn't compare with below zero readings you are having up north but even here in North Fort Myers it is below freezing this morning and they are calling for even colder in a few days. We are thinking of casting off and heading for the Keys whenever we can get a break in the weather. It's to cold to be out on anchor without heat. At the dock we have electric heat and Atty can't be exposed to very cold temperatures. He would develop problems very quickly. It was 60 in the boat this morning, but Atty was covered and a bit warmer with an electric heating pad in the bottom of his cage. Yeah, spoiled, he gets the heat and we get 60 degrees. Go figure!
Here are a couple more pictures. See Y'All out on the intracoastal sometime in the warm summer months. Just look for White Feather, Stop over and say "Hi" if you see us.

Attachments

• Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 1968 CARRI CRAFT 149.jpg
    1968 CARRI CRAFT 149.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 157

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic of you and your wife and Atty! 60 sounds great that would be tshirt weather compared to here now. And I hate complianing cause I know farther North it is worse, but they say for here this evening with the wind chill it will be -15 burr! It has never been this cold before! If I ever get to Flordia I will look you up and BEF and Kelly and Cyber and Scuba heck I'd have such a good time looking up Tnet friends I don't know what I'd do!

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: 60 degrees was inside the boat. Outside it was in the low 30's and they are calling for freezing again the next few nights. Bummer! :hello:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real bummer ! I always think of WARM when I think of Florida. At least warmer than here but, I think its colder every where this year, than most people remember it being before! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread