LLK & Dad find an Indian and an IKE

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
LLK & Dad find an Indian and an IKE

Had two short but great hunts with LLK this weekend. Saturday night we were getting on Mom's nerves so we headed for the local playground. We got out of the truck and hit the playground. First signal I got was an old can lid! Moved about 5 feet towards an old house on the edge of the school property, and my Fisher F2 got an odd jumpy signal. At approx. 7 inches down I found what I thought was a memorial cent or at best a wheaty, handed to LLK to remove dirt and I.D. for me (glasses are at work). LLK said it had an Indian on it, date was 1902! :icon_sunny: We hunted about a half hour with some success on clads. LLK was getting hot and the bugs were getting bad, her coil was swatting at more bugs than sweeping the ground. LLK started for the truck and got a good signal. I dug two more memorial cents on my way to her. Her signal registered 98 on the F2, I thought it may be big iron, we dug, and at approx. 6 inches out popped a huge black disk, we both thought it was a washer at first. LLK wiped off the dirt and said there was a "bald guy" on the disk. It turned out being a 1972 Eisenhower Dollar!!! :icon_queen: LLK was stoked after that. We headed home (2 1/2 miles), by the time we arrived, she had the coin shining, used the spit & shorts method of coin cleaning! Sunday morning we went out again, Mom came with us. We went to a school about 15 miles away and found somemore clad and a button. Another good weekend with my family!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCN2497.JPG
    DSCN2497.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: LLK & Dad find an Indian and an IKE

This hobby is definatly a good family hobby! nice job on the indian head penny! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread