Preview of New Privy Site--ELLENVILLE GLASS WORKS

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and I have been dissecting a new site and today we actually for the first time were able to go in and put the

shovel to dirt. You can see the old early 1800s brick privy walls in cross-section as we dig down beside it to about 5

ft below the surface. As soon as we hit the black dirt we pulled out two bottles the one pictured below that

says "Ellenville Glass Works" which is fairly rare, as well as another pontiled bottle with "Ingrams Meat Cure Nov. 12

1866" on the side. My bud dug that one so I don't have a picture of it but it is smaller than this one. Ellenville Glass

Works only existed for a short time before the economic depression of the 1870s and 80s forced them to shut the

doors forever. Ellenville Glass Works2.JPG Ellenville Glass Works.JPG Hope you guys like and I expect to find many other nice things in this pit when we go

back. My bud

dug a British Royal Regiment BOX PLATE from this spot last weekend with an estimated value of a couple to a few

thousand. Here is a picture of it but in real life it is JAW DROPPING STUNNING :o :o :o. It really is one of the best finds that I have ever seen dug and he is STILL on CLOUD NINE ;D : British Plate.jpg

Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW...I know nothing of bottles but that box plate is frigging amazing!!! Too bad you didn't find it...would have been a banner for sure!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh MAN--those are some great recoveries!

I'd love to see a boxplate re-post, with better photos. I think that's a Banner find. :thumbsup:

Was that at the glass works site as well?

-Buckles

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Sentinel :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hope you find lots more there.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Oh MAN--those are some great recoveries!

I'd love to see a boxplate re-post, with better photos. I think that's a Banner find. :thumbsup:

Was that at the glass works site as well?

-Buckles

The People over at TreasureDepot said it was the "Find of the Year". Many, and I concur, say it is the find of a lifetime!!

I KNOW :-\ :'( :'( I WISH I HAD FOUND IT BUT I am very happy that a friend found it at least! :wink: :wink:

Your request is granted Buck. here is a better close up picture:

Attachments

• British Plate2.jpg
    British Plate2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 519

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sentinel,

The British stuff is out of my league...but it is an attractive piece, and appears to be all there. The plate would certainly be a banner find if your friend were a member here.

Any idea how that plate ended up where it did?

-Buck

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very nice finds bud!!!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Sentinel,

The British stuff is out of my league...but it is an attractive piece, and appears to be all there. The plate would certainly be a banner find if your friend were a member here.

-Buck

Yes, there are several dumps and privies on this spot of land that we are digging and it was a PRIME piece of real estate during the Revolutionary and War of 1812. In all actuality, this is more than likely from the 1812 period when the British marched through and burned the whole surrounding area. In addition, the same places were prime during the Civil War and it is all mixed in amongst each other in this area. That is pretty much it in a nut shell.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Guys. :thumbsup:
I love finding old bottles.
Tell you friend "congrats" on the box plate. What an awesome find.
-MM-

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Sentinel,

-Buck

Yes, its all there, the back still has the connection points where it would have attached to the ammo box. I really love the Revolutionary and War of 1812 just as much as the Civil War items and was able to help him ID it rather quickly. He doesn't ever post on TNet so I thought it was a worthy item so I did so.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
BuckleBoy said:
Sentinel,

I am a huge "fan" of Rev War and War of 1812 artifacts and I think I would have passed out if I dug that plate! Find of a lifetime for sure!

-Buck

Yes, its all there, the back still has the connection points where it would have attached to the ammo box. I really love the Revolutionary and War of 1812 just as much as the Civil War items and was able to help him ID it rather quickly. He doesn't ever post on TNet so I thought it was a worthy item so I did so.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o No telling what all you two are going to dig up there, Senti! :o Those two finds are FANTASTIC! :o

Congrats! And good luck on your return!!!!

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread