Loaded yard gives up multible silver and indians!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a yard last nite with my buddy, when we knocked and asked for permission the guy told me we were welcome to detect it but he said I want to warn you my dad has detected this yard pretty hard and he has picked it clean......lol, yeah right!!!!

My first pass gave up a 7" deep indian, then a wheat, and I was thinking this guy's dad must of had a cheap machine or didn't know what he was doing at all. This yard was loaded! All in all I got the following

7 wheats, with 3 of them being 1909, one was a VDB
4 indians, 1880, 1884, 1890 and 1897
1919 buffalo nickel
2 mercs both 1936
2 barber dimes 1898 and 1913
the rosie came from a short hunt saturday as well os the token
also in this yard I got the little star that says "Best Ever Club"

My partner also scored wheats and a real nice 1929 SLQ, so this yard was a good one, makes me wonder what the dad actually dug up there?

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

Upvote 28

diggyboy

Jun 10, 2013
Wow nice finds! Those coins are all in such good shape. I recently found a 1909 wheatie it was not in as good shape as yours also no v.d.b :(

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are great finds.. Yeah that yard was picked clean alright.. Congrats..

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone saying a place was detected before makes it more of a challenge... although that didn't seem to be much of a challenge for you....:laughing7: Great finds for a "hunted Out" yard!!! :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Good Lord , Please send me a yard that has been "picked clean" like that one PLEASE ! One of the fattest hunts I've ever seen !

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Got to say that are some of the cleanest coins out of the ground that I have ever seen. I have some coins in my non-detected collection that are as good. Must be gat ground with no minerals at all in it to something.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely awesome finds. I look forward to your posts, always seem to find the goods. Way to go:notworthy:

lisagoesmodern

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
Greene County
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing one - looking to buy a good used one! Any ideas or good ones for sale out there? Also looking for good ideas of places to go detecting. Just started doing this the other day, bu
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspiring find for newbies like us! Also makes us want to look into getting a detector like yours!
:-)

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Inspiring find for newbies like us! Also makes us want to look into getting a detector like yours!
:-)

Those are very rare if they happen at all digs. Would love to find one too but I have a hard time understanding how all those coins came out so clean. Not calling BS but scratching my head. The silver yes but the copper to be so clean is something else.

lisagoesmodern

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
Greene County
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing one - looking to buy a good used one! Any ideas or good ones for sale out there? Also looking for good ideas of places to go detecting. Just started doing this the other day, bu
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very rare if they happen at all digs. Would love to find one too but I have a hard time understanding how all those coins came out so clean. Not calling BS but scratching my head. The silver yes but the copper to be so clean is something else.

I would be happy to find one piece of silver at this point! lol.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been following/watching this guys posts for the past year, his coins dont actually come out looking like that, he often shows them all dirty and freshly dug, then after cleaning. His coins are almost always in that shape. He just knows how to clean em right:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm not sure how to reply to a comment like that, so here ya go
Cleaning Your Finds - Saving History One Piece at a Time

Ive been following/watching this guys posts for the past year, his coins dont actually come out looking like that, he often shows them all dirty and freshly dug, then after cleaning. His coins are almost always in that shape. He just knows how to clean em right:thumbsup:
thank you, there always has to be at least one guy per post who likes to say my coins are too clean to be dug......lets see, GREEN patina on the indians, red patina on the buffalo, dirt still on the wheats.......lol, thanks to the people on here who actually understand what a dug coin looks like

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are some really beautiful coins, Congrats.

lisagoesmodern

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
Greene County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting your cleaning methods! I learned a ton from that. Appreciate you passing the knowledge along! (Now if I can just keep from dropping down the sink!)

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
How about giving us our secret to cleaning them. I'm always hesitant to cause damage. I wasn't saying they weren't dug just wondering how they got so clean. The ground where dig is pretty acidic and most old coppers are roached.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread