Lobo SuperTRAQ, Not JUST a gold nugget detector!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been using one of my gold prospecting school's Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ machines here on the East Coast, and I have found it to be very versatile! I have been using it on the beach (dry sand), in farm fields and at local parks, with the discrimination set just above iron (4). Having only used it in All Metal mode all these years looking for – and finding - gold nuggets, this is a new experience. Today was a great example of just how versatile the Lobo really is. I spent about 4-hours at one of my local parks - Take a look!

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,362
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,203
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,230

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that is a lot of finds ...And a lot of diggin....... But i guess you could say that the .. LST .. is a all around detector ........

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sunday 27 Nov was out at a JR high school with the lobo st disc 4 sen 7 dug nothing but pieces of coke cans. i know it can do better i been there before and it did find a ring and some coin. i had the garrett scorpion there lot of time. it can find the rings, coins and i use it in all metal more of the time. instead disc. get less junk more coins, rings i have to admit i like the scorpion. the lobo st is a hard machine to learn. so was the scorpion but i learn it. now i will learn the lobo st. going back to that school sat 3 the 4 to Frisbee golf on hill afb it got less trash. there an ball field there to it been hunted out nothing there and it has less trash. let see what the lobo can do for me.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bruceuth said:
sunday 27 Nov was out at a JR high school with the lobo st disc 4 sen 7 dug nothing but pieces of coke cans. i know it can do better i been there before and it did find a ring and some coin. i had the garrett scorpion there lot of time. it can find the rings, coins and i use it in all metal more of the time. instead disc. get less junk more coins, rings i have to admit i like the scorpion. the lobo st is a hard machine to learn. so was the scorpion but i learn it. now i will learn the lobo st. going back to that school sat 3 the 4 to Frisbee golf on hill afb it got less trash. there an ball field there to it been hunted out nothing there and it has less trash. let see what the lobo can do for me.

Leave your discrimination at 4, and bump your sensitivity up as much as you can without falsing. Nothing you can do about aluminum and poptops - with any machine if you are going to find gold. Here is some more stuff the Lobo has found for me!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always one of the leading hammered coin detectors in Europe due to its extreme sensitivity. We would not go much above 2.5 on the discrimination scale though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread