Locating Hidden caves by Resistance ground testing

V

varga

Is resistance ground testing a good way to locate a hidden covered cave. The cave is in bedrock and covered with 4 to 10 feet of overburden. If Resistance testing is usable then how do you read and interpet the device? Can it read through the bedrock? If so how much power is needed to get a reading?
If Resistance testing is not usable what is?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Resistivity can be used, not sure of power.

Microgravity is also sometimes used.

Just run a search on google for "microgravity cave".

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
ground resistivity meters will verify cave or tunnel...my mll=100 will show you its there, and with moving probes you can verify approximate depth and length...it will read through nearly anything including bedrock...it will not read through quartz and will not work in sand....depth is no problem unless your over 130 ft deep....

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
posted this seperatly in case powers that be decide i'm insane and delete this post you still get other info...i know for a fact that if you know approximate entrance location and direction you can {or someone with experience } approach tunnel from side with dowsing rods and as you get over tunnel the rods will point away from each other...you can keep doing this from sides and determine depth and opening.....as you get to end of the void the rod still over void will still point up the tunnel,,,,,the rod that is not over void anymore will stay straight.......you will also pick up underground water ways in same manner so it helps if you know you are close to or at opening...........gldhntr

J

Jim Cal

We don't think you are insane...just misguided. I have made the offer to several of my acquaintances who, over the years, were believers in dowsing to let me bury something (gold, silver) and put a hundred bucks on whether they could find it and I've had no takers. I'm am not saying that people who believe in dowsing are trying to deceive but that it can't be scientifically proven to work. My two cents worth. Jim Cal

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I figure, If someone wants to Believe In Dowsing, Believe in it. & if someone wants to believe in VooDoo Believe in it. But the Moment someone asks you to Pay them To do it for you. DON'T Believe in it. I know if Dowsing worked for me, I'd be Digging Every Multi Million Dollar Treasure Still out there. just wondering why someone who can Dowse, would Spend money on a Detector.

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Used to work for my exfather inlaw drilling water wells he would use dousing rods to locate shallow wells we always hit water Ive also heard of using a peach limb cut in the fork to find water, I wouldnt stake money on it ;D

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i knew i would get on a touchy subject here.....that is why i said nothing about finding anything other than an underground void with this subject that is nearly always attacked by sceptics and unbelievers......people have for centuries located underground water sources with this method....i am not a scientist therefore i do not feel the need to prove a thing to anyone.....knowing you don't believe in it, find someone that knows nothing about it, but is willing to try , don;t feed your negativity to them,.set them up to walk over a known buried pipe or tunnel with said sorcery tools,, and most likely you will at least take another look at what you say is a misguided, misconception....take two compasses , sit them on a table , move them till they are side by side....then move one up and then down...what happens ? ?the needles will point to each other and move back and forth as you move the one compass......why does this happen ? ?the compass you are moving is not north,,it is not a magnet,,, it is meerly ?picking up on a field of some sorts that makes it move....no, i can't explain that either,....but it is the same as with dowsing,,you are picking up on a forcefield if you like.....it is not a perfect science,, it will not by the hidden hand of the ghost that put it there lead you to buried treasure...how many times have you went out with your detector, gotten a decent signal, dug you a hole with nothing there, rechecked with your detector only to get no signal, or be ?picking ?up on a hot rock ? why does this happen ? the rock is not hot, as i have never been burned by one....the empty hole you dug doesn't look like silver or gold, but yet your detector, that you think so much over, picked it up like it was....do you throw your detector in the garbage and say to everyone you meet ?that whomever sold it to you was a quack and deceived you ?? i own a detector because i like to hear all the pretty beeps...i am a believer in whatever works, and on this subject one works about like the other with the exception that one will cause you to dig up all sorts of trash and rocks and the other will save you some of this trouble while at the same time cover a lot more area..............a few months ago i replied to a post someone had about buying their first detector...i told them to buy one that is around a couple hundred bucks, as anything less is either a toy or trash that will half-@$$ work for a few weeks then die....i had several replies to the effect that i was a dumb-@$$,, that all detectors were great, that anyone could find a very good unit for forty bucks at radio shaq....was told that if it works for someone then don't knock it......well i was trying to help this person out, save him the frustration that would come with a cheap toy, and possibly turn him against this hobby .......i will repeat the same to you all now,,, IF IT WORKS FOR SOMEONE THEN DON"T KNOCK IT !! ?thank you for your time, you can now say i'm stupid, ?gldhntr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Father Swore He could Find Coal Dowsing, Here in "COAL COUNTRY" ?:D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldhnter, Stoopid "NO" , entertaining "Yes" ; Hot Rocks "HOT ?" Hot rocks have Metal in them, Therefore Set off a detector. YOU own a detector because you like to Hear "THE PRETTY BEEPS" I love it ;D THANK YOU FOR POSTING ; jeff

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
any time...nothing thrills me more than knowing i made someones day.....better than watching andy griffith

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay don't Knock andy He's my Hero ............................ N O T .

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
andy is not my hero, but one of my buddies has a thing for aunt bee so i keep it tuned in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread