loius aury treasure

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
You're referring to the pirate Louis D'Aury I assume...? I've read of one of story in several treasure books that sounds really tantalizing. Story goes that in the 1920's two boys were canoeing on the Pithlachascotee (Also called the Cote River for obvious reasons) in New Port Richey, FL. One of the boys saw an aligator disappear into a big hole in the river bank at LOW tide (key).
He and his family were gator hunters, so not being afraid, he and his friend followed their curiosity and the gator in. With only a little sunlight creeping in, they noticed that they were in a vault with wooden supports. There were also shelves with 6 wooden chests! They cut one open and stuffed their pockets with as many gold and silver coins as they could possibly carry. One of the boys moved away and forgot about it while the other one used the site as a personal bank whenever he needed money well into his adulthood. When asked as an old man to lead some TH'ers to the site he claimed he couldn't remember, but more likely than not, he'd already cleaned out the site or told friends or family members and they may or may not have.... He always claimed that there was more there left than he ever took.
Look for any treasure books online by an author called L. Frank Hudson where this story among others is listed....
Hope this helps! If you find the big hoard, let me know. LOL
-spyguy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions