LOL re: 1943 Penny

honcho

Jul 25, 2007
Scappoose, OR
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I stopped by a bank today to ask for halves (none here either), the gal asked why I wanted them and I had just started collecting coins and was looking for my collection. She told me I should look through pennies because if a I could find a 1943 penny it would be worth over $20,000 :o <what!!!!!> I was nice <snicker snicker> I told her they weren't actually that rare and that maybe she had heard of one that was an error or something. I dont think she believed me :)

Christine

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Sure she was referring to the 43 copper. 20 are believed to have been made- 12 with know whereabouts. HH Mark

OP
OP
H

honcho

Jul 25, 2007
Scappoose, OR
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Could be...she did mention steel penny. Maybe she thought it ment all '43 pennies. Sure would like to come across a copper 43 then. My luck I wouldn't be paying that much attention (although I save all wheatie and post results), I am sure I would get a big shout out from TNet on that one :D

Christine

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Hey. I'm sure she meant the steel penny. Multiple times when I explained to people what all the coins were for, they'd say to me, "do you got the steel penny?" I usually say yes I have a couple and smile. Something in me resists saying, "why I've found two varieties, but I'm still looking for the 1943D." ;)

Likewise everytime a teller offers something to me I take it. I don't want the time I pass to lead them to not offer something good to me later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread