long time site fan------first post

waynokan

Nov 5, 2006
Since I no longer live in North Carolina I am going to pass on a site that produced unblievable results from 1993 through 2000. There is a 4-H camp just outside town in Swansboro, N.C. I was granted permission to hunt the site in December of 1993. Myself & my Son, Eric tookout over 6000 coins during a ten day period of detecting. The oldest being a 1864 two-cent piece, numerous silver coins(halves, quarters, dimes, nickels) and over a thousand wheaties.(Eric found over 300 wheaties in a 5 footX 5 foot area on the face of a hill leading down to the water) In addition, several old silver friendship rings and a man's 14k diamond ring. I visited the site(23 acres) time to time after that and could always count on a minimum of 150 coins. We only managed to hunt a fraction of the site, but I fully never expect to encounter a situation similar to this for the rest of my life. We were using Garrett GTA 500's. Another potential site is the city park at New Bern, it was the scene of social functions during the civil war, a WWII camp site and numerous other social activities over the years. Never had a problem hunting there.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Welcome to Tnet W. We're always glad to have new members join us here. I'll bet there will be a few treasure hunters down in NC that will be happy to read your first post! Happy Hunting and I hope you find a New Place that pays out as well as the old place back home.

Desertfox

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello waynokan, and welcome to the forum...
Awesome totals from that first site, Congrats! Also, it was good of you to pass along the info...
Look forward to seeing your post.
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome waynokan Good to Meet you.

Jeff

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the best site on the net. I bet a bunch of people are drooling over the great site you mentioned. Happy hunting to you!

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread