Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed today that a patch of turf had been peeled back at the new grade school. I attended the old grade school at this location in the 50's and 60's. Prior to that it was a high school.

I've hunted the area before but thought this would be a good opportunity to get a little deeper. Using the stock coil on my DFX I covered the area back and forth from east to west. After that I hit it again with north to south passes using the Super 12. All the good finds were found during the first pass. They include 1928 & 1934d Merc's and a 1902 IH. There were also a few wheat’s and some clad.

Keep your eyes open for places that are having this kind of work being done, they can be good spots to hunt. Don't forget to check the piles of dirt and turn you coil up and cover the edges of the hole.

School.jpg

2008-05-08coins.jpg

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job shrecky!! cool finds.Unfortunately where i live before the machines come, a six foot temporary fence is put up with NO TRESPASSING signs lol.Guess im just too close to " our nations capital" where they make and break the laws,LOL.Awesome finds man!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHHH! Looks like the perfect place to hunt! Way to go, Schrecky!

Congrats on those finds! Nana :wink:

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Very cool! Love the Merc's. I detected a road that they have tore up here and found two pennies & they weren't even copper ones!

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
A school here just put in a new parking lot. Wanted to go, but its on school property. Many of the schools here in Florida are putting up alot of fences around area. I haven't tried a school yet.....I don't want to hear them say no.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is always great to see in a old area of town.

My and my partner like to drive around town after a really big wind storm and hunt all of the large trees that were blown over. I have seen a few seated coins come out using that method. Once in a really old park here they were doing work behind a fence but they spilled some of the dirt outside of the fence. My partner detected that little 10 foot patch and got a 1853 dime.

No place is too small to hold treasure.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work, Dan.
Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread