Looking for a Campng Location NE Arizona

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We retired and live in SW Colorado and have had enough rain! Lookng for a good place to park our small 5th wheel camper in NE Arizona. We plan on being gone for 4-5 days and want to camp/metal detect and pan for gold. I'm joining the GPAA today to have access to claims. We'd lke to boondock if possible. Maybe as far south as Showlow. We would like to leave late next week after the memorial crowd leaves. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

chinook

May 10, 2015
Washington, USA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think you can boondock on the Navajo Nation. You might check the Navajo National Monument-Sunset View Campground and/or Chinle near the Canyon de Chelly National Monument. Both free but limited to 5 days. Good luck!

See ARIZONA BOONDOCKING SITES

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We retired and live in SW Colorado and have had enough rain! Lookng for a good place to park our small 5th wheel camper in NE Arizona. We plan on being gone for 4-5 days and want to camp/metal detect and pan for gold. I'm joining the GPAA today to have access to claims. We'd lke to boondock if possible. Maybe as far south as Showlow. We would like to leave late next week after the memorial crowd leaves. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

How did your camping trip go in NE Arizona?
Did you find a good place to camp and metal detect?
I'm considering making a trip out there in an RV for the winter.
Were you able to have any luck on the GPAA sites?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread