Looking for a treasure hunter...

Dec 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I'm a documentary producer from Canada. I have experience with Gold Hunting Shows. (Curse of the Frozen Gold) I'm currently pitching a doc about the Lost Romanov treasures in Siberia, Newly declassified KGB documents released in November indicate a specific location for 26 boxes of gold were stashed at a depth of 2 to 2.5 metres deep in ground around five kilometres from Taiga (Tayga) railway station on the Trans-Siberian railway. This is one of 5 sites where the documents state the treasures would be found.

To make this doc appealing to North American broadcasters I am looking for a treasure hunter. This person would help land funding so I need a a big character with a successful track record or a person willing to explore this on their dime or a celebrity.

Any tips, pointers, direction or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Please PM me!

I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold hunting shows,you mean fake tv right?The bull with salted claims,planted nuggets etc.Yup real believable:laughing9:Nothing but scripted garbage.The problems with you people is that you think everybody is stupid enough to believe the trash you try to pass off as reality.Scripted garbage pure and simple.Wrong place buddy.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought...

2BEE323D-ACE8-4666-81DE-52F763F9E145.jpeg

You truly think that the Russian Upperclass will hand you free access to their national treasure?
I do t think so.

For that reason, I’m out!

B4E3A3A6-2F76-4B3A-B497-5BB9D2B965AB.jpeg

B1C81ABC-61AB-408B-AC3A-415BDED2D155.png

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... I am looking for a treasure hunter. This person would help land funding so I need a a big character with a successful track record or a person willing to explore this on their dime or a celebrity.

Yes, you are breaking a golden rule. No fundraising allowed! We also don't like garbage scripted tv shows either!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I'm a documentary producer from Canada. I have experience with Gold Hunting Shows. (Curse of the Frozen Gold) I'm currently pitching a doc about the Lost Romanov treasures in Siberia, Newly declassified KGB documents released in November indicate a specific location for 26 boxes of gold were stashed at a depth of 2 to 2.5 metres deep in ground around five kilometres from Taiga (Tayga) railway station on the Trans-Siberian railway. This is one of 5 sites where the documents state the treasures would be found.

To make this doc appealing to North American broadcasters I am looking for a treasure hunter. This person would help land funding so I need a a big character with a successful track record or a person willing to explore this on their dime or a celebrity.

Any tips, pointers, direction or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Please PM me!

Here's a tip, next time give us a little kiss before you try to take our dress off. :dontknow: Russia? Trans-Siberian Railroad? Seriously? Best of luck! :skullflag:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Gold hunting shows,you mean fake tv right?The bull with salted claims,planted nuggets etc.Yup real believable:laughing9:Nothing but scripted garbage.The problems with you people is that you think everybody is stupid enough to believe the trash you try to pass off as reality.Scripted garbage pure and simple.Wrong place buddy.

And here's the type persons who will raise their hand (or send their $$) to be a part of any such show or documentary: The wild-eyed wand/rod-wielding ghost-story-legend type folk. Not normal metal detecting hobbyist type folk .

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I am to fund this on my dime as you say, just why do I need you?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in!
But not for the following months due previous commitments
January: NFL Playoffs in full swing, can’t miss a game.
February: Super Bowl LII, Expecting to be hung over for a few weeks.
March: Spring Training, gotta see the lack of talent the Red Sox have.
April: Treasure Hunters Cookout, told my wife we are going this year.
May: My Grandmothers 90th Birthday party, family reunion.... can’t miss that.
June: NHL Stanley Cup and NBA Finals... go Bruins and Celtics!
July: Just wrong to be abroad 4th of July, parades, cookouts, beer, fireworks....
August: Atlantic Hurricane season getting exciting, gotta secure and protect my house.
September: Will be in Maryland, lots of detecting planned, looking for Seated and Busts.
October: MLB Playoffs, gotta watch the Yankees lose.
November: It’s my turn to host Thanksgiving, gotta plan accordingly.
December: Have you seen the temperatures in Siberia?

I guess there is no time I can commit, sorry.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
And here's the type persons who will raise their hand (or send their $$) to be a part of any such show or documentary: The wild-eyed wand/rod-wielding ghost-story-legend type folk. Not normal metal detecting hobbyist type folk .
I guess you dont know me to well tom lmao.Assumptions are easy to cast arent they,especially when theyre WRONG.Go back to your fake tv shows made and produced for suckers.LMAO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It violates our rules to use TreasureNet to try to raise funds.

It also violates our rules to attack new members, any new members, please keep that in mind and post by our rules.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to invest but...at the moment i am waiting for a rainbow to appear so i can dig up MY treasure......sorry

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Never know till you confirm.....but I suspect using a declassified document would place me in a too long of line of curiosity seekers.
IF such a cache existed ,odds are quite low it would still be un recovered.

Cuba is warmer. Lots of treasure due to civilians not being allowed to recover such ....and a lack of gear even if they were allowed.
How does that tie in to Russia? Due to Castro allowing recoveries. By ,and for , the government.

Just because a classified document was released does not make it a viable lead towards a recovery. Think about it.......why release it if un recovered? Then think again....how many people ( assuming the document is valid) knew of the cache ,despite it being classified?
One last thought. How many people, ( if beyond one) , does a cache need to be described to before multiple people get wind of it? The K.G.B. did not exist in a vacuum ; even if taciturn in public.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread