Looking for advice metal detecting when going to new areas.

Jeremy2010

Apr 10, 2024
I just started last year metal detecting, manticore is my first and it's an awesome machine have had lots of good luck so far. I finally got both the m15 and m8 coils for the machine. So my question is when going to a new parks should I stick with the m11 that came with the machine to test the ground out or switch right away if the ground is full of garbage to the m8 or if it seems pretty clean go with m15?
Thanks!

Upvote 1

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick with the 11". If you really want to concentrate on one trash laden area, go with the 8". The smaller coil is the only way to go say on parking strips. You do have a really good machine. Run with it, great luck to you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil selection is always site dependent. The amount of trash targets, iron masking, depth of finds, EMI, mineralization all play a part in your choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread