Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to www.losttreasure.com. Click on Clubs & Associations. Scroll to Maryland and press enter. This will give you 9 clubs in MD 4 in the Baltimore area. Go to a meeting and an activity. Not all clubs are the same. Find what you like. I belong to The Shore Seekers Artifact and Recovery Club on the eastern shore. Good luck

Ed.

TOWcritter

I'll be calling you when I get back from Vegas. The 2nd week of March. I haven't checked the local clubs because I'm not the organizational kind of guy. I got permission to hunt a friends property 1 mile above my mill site yesterday. A very old house 1800's.

OP
OP
Bjorn_MD

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Hey TowCritter,

Sounds cool. I might try going to one of the local club meetings this month just to see what it's like. I used to be in a club in the Chicago area when I lived there. It was a great club.

The house site sounds promising indeed. Always is nice to get coins from the 1800's!

Catch ya later.

SCV-MIKE

Mar 24, 2005
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hi yall from Md? How long have you all from Md been metal detecting? I started in the Marine Corps in 1993 and I'm still at it. Not that much luck in Md. People see someone young asking about metal detecting on there property they get scared. Even when I wear my Marine Corps jacket people say no or they don't answer the door. So pretty much I just hit schools, I've about given up asking any resident in Md. I haven't jumped no one's fence, but I see why people do. SCV-MIKE"People, who will not fight for the graves of their dead, are past redemption"
~Teddy Roosevelt

TOWcritter

My cousin live on the Severn up near Round Bay ? I think. I'm up in Harford county. There are so many public places to hunt that I won't ever get around to hunting private stuff. I haven't had any problems with permission and I'm only 45. I'm planning on getting together with a few other guys on the forum one day soon and doing a little hunt together. Maybe OC for the day after spring break. Keep in touch. Semper Fi

Kenfen

Sep 11, 2005
I'm Ken and I'm in Catonsville, right outside of Baltimore on the West side. I'd be happy to join you in any hunts.

Regards,

Kenfen

philiprst

Sep 24, 2005
I am also in Maryland; Columbia area, and would love to get together with my fellow detectroists.

Do any of the locals have recommendations for detector stores in Maryland and beaches to hunt?

Philip

gunner6170

Oct 6, 2005
North Carolina
:)
Philip.... morning!
While I'm not the one to ask about the local detector stores, I'm sure the others here could help you out! I just recently joined this site and I tell ya, I'm finding the villagers are friendly and helpful so far! :D
As for hunting partners, I'm always looking to share the limited knowledge I have or learn from others. I do have bunches of "treasure tales" to share and have even hunted a couple of the local spots. Gimme a PM if you want to talk some more. I just contected another local (thru this forum) and maybe we can all get up and go find one of these local lost treasures! ;D
As for beaches, Ocean City of course, if you want the drive. But to me, for the time it takes to get there, I head down to VA Beach. It's busier, I can get there in the same amount of time, and I've had pretty good luck there... clad coins and jewelry. But the amount of people that visit it compared to OC makes it a better place to hunt and find keepers, I think. Locally? I'll send ya a PM to tell you about one place!

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I am in the Baltimore area. Arbutus/Halethorpe. In Baltimore County, but near the city. Close to BWI, Catonsville, Woodlawn, Linthicum, Glen Burnie, etc, etc, etc.
Never found a thrilling place to hunt, so usually hit parks and schools.
Searched my yard, (built 1930) but only a couple Wheats, some junk, and a silver ring.
Feel free to contact me,
Hugger

Vigilant

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2005
Bel Air, Maryland
I'm new to this interesting hobby, as well as to this site. I have no luck, as yet, receiving replies to e-mails or PMs from other locals, so if any are interested in getting together, here's the e-mail: [email protected] I live in Harford Co. (Bel Air), interested in areas from OC to Deep Creek. I've landed a couple of interesting leads locally. And, of course have many questions...

So let me know...Spring can't be far off, and I want to be ready!!!

C

Cathy_W

Hello, folks.

BRAND NEW detectorist here... My husband bought me an inexpensive one a few years back, but I cannot really find anything with it. (Well, except pull tabs, bottle caps, and tin cans) If any BENEVOLENT SOUL out there wants to put up with a total newbie on a trek, please email me at [email protected]. I'm hoping someone will help and show me how to use this thing! The books I have read are confusing at best... I'm in North East Baltimore City close to the county line. Never can figure out when to dig and when not to, or how you get things out of the ground without excavating a hole the size of the grand canyon. I'm sure this sounds totally NEWBIE to you, but hey, we all have to start somewhere!

Happy Hunting,

Cathy

mdart

Greenie
Jun 8, 2004
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hi,
The name is Art, and I am looking for a hunting partner as my usual partner is down for a few months for elective surgery. I live in Monrovia, MD, which is in the Frederick/Mt.Airy area. I have a few years experience, so I can impart some of that. I hunt both land and water, and am always looking for new spots. Am retired, so can go most anytime. Forum name is mdart.

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hi all, Im looking for a partner to hunt in maryland, baltimore. I have some experiance but would love to learn more.

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hey Everyone, Is any one interested in geting together for a hunt before it gets too cold?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions