S.M.A.R.T. = Southern Maryland Artifact Recovery Team

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
If you're in southern Maryland and interested in joining a club, We meet on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 at the ELK's Lodge on Dares Beach Rd. in Prince Frederick, MD 20678

There is usually about 10-15 members at each meeting.
Feel free to come to a few meeting to decide if you wish to join.
($15 for single membership or $20 for family membership per year)

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Mike, it would be at least an hour drive for you. Maybe an hour and a half.
Have you looked into the MARS club? They would be closer to you.
If you are still interested in coming to a meeting send me an email.
[email protected]

Thanks,
Bryan

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
I do not have a detector, have never gone detecting before, but would love to go with somebody sometime.? If anybody is interested, I am the President of my Home Owner's Association, and the HOA owns 70 odd acres of woods.? I am in Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area.
Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the offer Huntr1!!!
Is that land being used for deer hunting now?
I'm sure a few of our members would like to check out those woods. Are there any old houses or foundations or anything out there?

I'll send you an email.

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
I have never seen any old foundations or anything like that back there. There is a creek though. I am not sure if we can get to it thru the woods, but if we can, I do know where there is an old falling down house. I will try to find out who owns the property for permission. I also have access to a large farm up by Waldorf where we could probably hunt. I have animal hunting permission there, and since the property is going to be developed in the next couple years, I do not see any problem getting MD'ing permission.

With hunting season upon us, Sundays would be best for MD'ing. Between Deer Hunting/Scouts/Soccer, my Saturdays are booked.

I have a friend who lives on what used to be an Amish farm. They are constantly finding stuff coming up thru the dirt. I inagine that I could probably get permission for their property too. Their kids would love to watch too I am sure.

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It sounds like you've got the bug already & you don't even have a detector yet! ;D

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Let me know when you want to give it a try. We can go to a school or park for you to learn the basics before we go out to the woods.

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
The wife has just thrown a wrench in my schedule. She does daycare, and is getting accreditted, and has an indepth interview and inspection coming up. I now have a 3 page honeydo list to complete before I can get out MDing. It will probably be December by then.

OP
OP
bmanofnbc

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Not a problem, maybe some of the poison ivy vines & stuff will have died down by then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread