Looking for Hunting Partner in the Orlando/Central Florida area

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Marty, I am new to metal detecting, having just bought my first unit, a Whites Beach Hunter ID. I am looking for someone as an occasional hunting partner in the Orlando and surrounding Central Florida area.

I use to be a point collector having lived in Missouri for many years and I have walked many a mile in streams and fields hunting Indian artifacts. I loved the thrill of the find and to me they were treasures.

I haven't been able to do any point collecting here and I missed the thrill of the hunt so I decided to try my hand at metal detecting. Anyone looking for a partner or willing to allow a (57 year old) newbie to tag along let me know.

Thanks

P

photomo1

hi marty email me at [email protected]. i live in central fl. and am new to metal detecting. looking to getting started. HELP!
i live between eustis and deland - murray

lamplighter36

Jun 4, 2006
Cowtown, TX (DFW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I live in Jacksonville, but am from Lake Wales. I get to C Fla. often and would love to join in any hunt. I'm into fossils and bottles too. I love adventures whether we find anyting or not. I'm pretty darn good with maps and have access to old florida aerials.

Lets get together and find some stuff...or have a few beers and swap stories.

-thomas ([email protected])

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Hey Marty,
Danny Rentz here.
I just joined the site.
I'm logged on as "DR"
I tried to send a reply with a picture and got a too large of a file warning
so I am reposting with out the pic.
It was a pleasure meeting and hunting with you yesterday.
Am planning to do some this weekend.
I live in Altamonte Springs by Lake Brantley High School.
I look forward to hearing from you.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dan, enjoyed meeting your and your partner Yesterday. I must live a sheltered life, I never heard a word about the goings on at the park this past weekend.

I will be hunting also this weekend, and will probably make another trip to Daytona Beach. I will let you know.

Good hunting! ;D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Hey Treasure Hunter,
My late brother, God rest his soul once said " If you want it, buy it. If you can't afford it, buy it any way"
I sure liked his way of thinking so I am going to need you to show me the finer points of hunting with the Excal 1000. Yep you heard me right.
I traded the PI Pro in for a shiny new 1000!
Ya only live once and there might be a big old bus around the next corner just waiting for you to try to cross the road.
Now if I can only get a wetsuit that fits my middle aged butt.
Can't wait to go kill them cuts at Daytona Now!
HOOYA!

DR

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DR,

Hey, LOL. Your going to like the Excal a whole lot better then the PI. First I HIGHLY recommend you get a straight shaft. Here is the link from the guy I got mine from, it is longer then some of the others and longer is better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Balanced-Straig...ryZ94885QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Make sure you have the chest harness. Here is a link, take my word for it you will want to have one that hooks to your chest.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/lejermonharnesses.htm

I very highly recommend you get those before you hunt. Talk to you later and congrats on the Excal.!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
TH is right about the straight shaft. The link he gave you is also the one that I had bought! Highly Recommended!

HH 8) surfrat

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
I bought a shaft set they had.
The lady there hunts with an Excal also and she said I would really like it.
She called it a "balanced" shaft.
So any how I will see how I like it and go from there.
I'll save the links in case.
I'll to have to see your chest harness again to get the gist of it.
I suffer from "half himers" and can't remember half the stuff I am told.
Can't wait till I'm off call.
I had some computer problems tonight so I still have not tried to put it together yet.

lizdorlando

Aug 25, 2007
Hi Marty:

I too I'm a newbie and don't have anyone to go metal detecting with.....but would love to get together to see what we can find......there is a Meteal detecting Club in Sanford which I am planning to go check out next month, they meet the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm maybe I see you there if not sooner. Good luck on your hunting...

Liz
Southeast Orlando 5 minutes from the International Airport

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Hey Liz, DR here welcome aboard. I started this hobby last December and I got to tell you I am now fully possessed by the MD bug. You will be too! I was thinking about heading up to the Sanford club meeting too so maybe I'll see you there. I live in Altamonte Springs. I know a guy in the club and he says it is a good bunch of people.
I hunt parks and the beaches so I have a detector for each.
What kind of detector do you have?
DR

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
I live In Cocoa, And Can Usually Go Just about any time. Im Kinda New to the hobby myself. But I know the area too too well. Im 29 and I need some buddies who are into detecting, Its boring alone sometimes

Tony

George3518

May 20, 2008
Hi Marty, Saw your ad so here goes. I too have a Whites beachhunter, I'm 57, and looking for someone to M/D with. I have a few special places I go to in the sebastian area but since I live in Deltona, I want to schedule a week long trip or at least a weekend so I can cover a lot of ground. I've found some silver escudos and raeles there. Some finds are extremely profitable due to the wrecks in 1615. People are still finding stuff washed up on the beach. Also in that area are the "green pebbles" which are uncut emeralds. Maybe we can get together for a hunt. Let me know what area you're from etc. I am a confirmed M/D junkie and looking for someone to go hunting with especially some of the longer drives that get a bit tiresome. Hope to hear from you, George 3518

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home, I will contact you via IM tonight with my cell numbers......

Thanks for replying to a thread that is almost 2 years old, I appreciate it :thumbsup:

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this mrs and i head south sometimes and love the beachs , still fairly new here as well as far as Md'ing goes...did hit sebastian area once, but wasn't too productive, we usually go on weekend trips, with enough notice..we are interested...six

DiverGuy83

Oct 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
its a little long for me to post this lol.
i live in cocoa, fl and am looking to hunt with people just about anywhere within reason lol hit me up [email protected]
.greg.

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
i live in lake county (central fl.) count me in for some detecting.lets start a roster so we can all meet and detect sometime?

i will start:

-oscar (scubaozzy) astatula,fl. lake county [email protected]
-

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely count the wife and i in, we loved our hunt up in the panhandle a couple weekends ago, and looking forward to getting some serious detecting down in this neck of the woods. ozzy been doing some research here along with ftwhite ( he still needs to get his detector)on a few locations near here, andi have been asking around at work and a few other places for older locations to md at....we are in gainesville,fl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread