Looking for sites to treasure dive in St. Thomas USVI

Z

ZumbroKid

good place to post this, many will see it. Someone with knowledge should be able to help.

OP
OP
J

J@J salvors

Thanks I have Tommorow off so I will Check It Out
Joe

OP
OP
J

J@J salvors

My name is Joe
I am The EX. Chef At Mahogany Run Golf Course
Why?

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
J@J

I lived in Puerto Rico 25 years and visited St.Thomas many times, nice island, cool people. I just to go alot to Coqui Point, great beach, You might want to try Charlotte Amalie you need to do some research and find out where was the port and where did the vessells anchor, 1683 Shipwreck 32 guns.
Also try the small island westward of you and your BEST shot is N.E. of you in Anegada island, I think over 300 shipwrecks reported in Anegada.
a good book for you will be "Shipwreck of the Western Hemisphere" by Robert Marx.

Good luck,

Chagy..........

OP
OP
J

J@J salvors

I have Lived here for a few years but this is my first underwater detector
I used to cook over on st. John For a number of resturants before comming over to St. Thomas
So you might know me
Joe ;)

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
I went to St.Thomas once when I was in the service, also went golfing at Mahogany run,seem to remember not only losing alot balls over the hill at@ hole #? which was on a cliff of some sort facing right and slightly uphill.An Iguana or something ran across fairway , Have you ever done the golf course as you were an employee and all????

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
J@J salvors said:
I have Lived here for a few years but this is my first underwater detector
I used to cook over on st. John For a number of resturants before comming over to St. Thomas
So you might know me
Joe ;)

Talk about great jobs! I'm posting this while I look out the window at the 10th cosecutive cold and rainy day. Are they hiring? I'd quit my job and wait tables for sunshine right about now.

BTW, good luck with the underwater detecting. Have you done much detecting on land there?

OP
OP
J

J@J salvors

These are what I found The Mens silver ring Last week
The rest was from tuesday and wed two dimes both 1964 only one is silver ???
A shell casing (cops Gun) A big coin in a ziplock bag a silver crusty coin ???
and a thin silver coin I can not make out what it says
All from Saphire beach on and under water

Attachments

• cool.JPG
    cool.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 309
OP
OP
J

J@J salvors

:)Not much We do not have much in the way of good stores selling metal detectors here
but I got to borrow a freinds MD Found about 83 cents in clad for a few hours Mding it kind of turned me off
but now i can float in the shallow water or take it diving and stuff is everywhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread