Looking for your suggestions...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T-Net Members,
The metal detecting club I'm a member of is preparing to have their 23rd annual open beach hunt on October 10, 2010. I'm in the process of acquiring prizes for the hunt. Typically we have lots of silver and gold coins, a couple of detectors and detecting accessories.

I'm trying to come up with some interesting/different prizes that pertain to treasure hunting and metal detecting. Does anyone have any suggestions they would like to share? Keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization so our pockets are not really deep...no cars please..lol.

I was thinking maybe some arrowheads, Megladon teeth, CW Relics or something like that. Would you like getting something like that at a hunt? Any good leads on where to pick up any suggested items would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
NJ

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your ideas are good. Maybe get one of each just to try something new. It seems that variety would only gain interest. There is a lot of people who will only be one or the other type of hunter. Some of us are primarily civil war relic hunters. Others are coin shooters, or beach hunters, or fossil hunters etc. etc. And if you add a little bit of these other artifacts some would have the opportunity to own something a little different then what they are used to. I think its a good idea you have there already. :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Good quality water containers (canteens, water bottles, etc etc.) energy bars, DEET spray or rub on, Mosquito headnets (about 3.95 each), water tight pill type bottles for putting found coins in, 10X jeweler's loupes, MRE's, wet naps (50 pack boxes), pignuts (:laughing9:), coin value guide books, ANACS coin grading book (has actual photo's of coins), hand towels for wiping muddy hands, inexpensive digital cameras (for taking pics of finds in the field), pre-paid go phone, coupons for free meals at Micky D's, or a quality restaurant (dinner for two) treasure magazine subscriptions, These are just a few of the things that our club has offered in the past, with the exception of the "pignuts" ask about these on T-Net's, " What is it forum "............NGE

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you can buy some bulk civil war bullets from some of the southern dealers. It seems like they have 3 ringers in lots of 50 and 100 pretty cheap.People that do not find Cw items always enjoy a bullet.
Good luck with your club and have fun.
TnMtns

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for your suggestions...keep them coming.

I was just looking at prices on Megalodon teeth and man have they become expensive. A decent tooth a few years back you could pick up for 60 to 80 bucks. Now they are going for 200+ and those are not even top teeth which are over a grand.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions