Looking to import jewelry from China, any sellers interested?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at importing some rings and earrings for the coming holiday. Problem is you often need to buy 50 of the same piece at minimum. Are there any antique mall/ebay/flea market sellers here who would like to split some lots with me so we can get a bigger discount and variety of items?

I'm looking at sterling jewelry, filigree and antique styling, stuff that I know sells well, but I can look at more modern pieces as well.

Joe

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I know someone that has been buying strings of beads from China for the last few years. Some glass & cultured pearls but mostly stones. For the most part that has gone well with decent quality for a reasonable price. Recently she bought a batch of "sterling" chains, charms, & pendants. I have not acid tested any of it but I'm 99% sure it's not right. Be cautious.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, be real careful! A lot of the stuff coming from China is just flash plated. Unless you could acid test several pieces from each batch, I'd be real leery. AS far as the stones go you can feel fairly safe. A hint - Get some business cards & hand them out to the vendors at the craft fairs! Most I've talked to say their big problems are prices and waiting for orders from the catalogs. If you can flip lots cheaper than the local craft stores you might be able to move more than you can get your hands on. Remember, stones beads and jewelry really has no expiration date. What doesn't sell this year will probably be popular next year.

Remember, you can't just bag em up & send em back if they're junk. Will they let you buy small lot samples? If not that's a tell.......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread