fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there bud. When you plannin on doin it. I'm a ways away but sounds fun and anything I find you can keep since it's your place. I'm leavin for Bardstown,KY on Sunday for trainin in Boston,KY. I'll be there for 2 weeks. Have you ever hunted over that way,anything worth checkin out? HH

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I too have thrown in the towel and asked for help on sites that are too large for one person. It's refreshing to see an act of kindness like this! Let me know if I can help, you keep what I find.....

OP
OP
Beercanman

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Thanks guys! It will be finders keepers. I will save it for warmer weather. Hopefully more will see the post and we could make some good finds.

OP
OP
Beercanman

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
fishstick said:
Hey there bud. When you plannin on doin it. I'm a ways away but sounds fun and anything I find you can keep since it's your place. I'm leavin for Bardstown,KY on Sunday for trainin in Boston,KY. I'll be there for 2 weeks. Have you ever hunted over that way,anything worth checkin out? HH

I haven't but I bet there are some great places. I can send some old map pics if I have anything worth sending, ill look soon. From my experience Kentucky's smaller towns have less development over the good stuff, so I'm sure it's a good area.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! It will be finders keepers. I will save it for warmer weather. Hopefully more will see the post and we could make some good finds.

Sounds Great!! Keep it touch... HH

The Real Swift

Aug 31, 2011
Manchester, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, White's Coinmaster Pro,Whites 5500/D Series 3
Being totally honest I can't do it alone. I have hunted this site for a year, It was found virgin by me on public land. Spent the first 6 months clearing the hobo village. The site has yielded nice Spanish and early American coins and buttons. So much iron. I need dig it all partners screeners etc.

I'm up for it.

kevo rn

Jan 28, 2013
Hi there! I'm from Louisville and would definitely be up for it. I've been out of the hobby for a bit and trying to get back into it. Let me know when you are interested. I don't know a single other detectorist so I'd love to meet new people an have some fun. -Kevin

Skanytank

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I am from Frankfort and have never yet gone out and used my detector but would be very happy if you wanted me to come along sometime to help you out

OP
OP
Beercanman

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
This winter is being kind and I have been hunting a bit. I'd like to schedule this group hunt before the plants and bugs hit full stride. What do you guys think? I have been making videos check me out on YouTube Patrickma81 I'd like to make a video of our hunt.

kevo rn

Jan 28, 2013
Are you looking for through the week or over a weekend? The only weekend I can't would be Feb 23/24 and April 13/14. Let me know what day you plan on going and I'll let you know. I'd def like to meet up- Kevin

LexLMT

Feb 15, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
I don't have one...am looking to buy one and find others to detect with.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am completely new to the hobby and don't even have a detector yet. I've been reading some reviews online and checking out Youtube and was thinking of starting
with a Garrett ACE 250....is that something good to start with? Is there not an organized Metal Detecting club here in Central Kentucky? I'm in Lexington. - Todd

OP
OP
Beercanman

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
There are a few clubs around but their hunts don't interest me that often as I prefer older sites. Ace 250 is not a bad starter machine for the price.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been on a club hunt , sounds like fun. I am retired and have more time than money. If you need help let me know, I'm old and slow but it would be fun any way.:hello:

makoracer

Sep 25, 2012
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac , CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting. Im in Columbus Ohio but it sounds like a good day trip.

Brad

OP
OP
Beercanman

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
62dold said:
I have never been on a club hunt , sounds like fun. I am retired and have more time than money. If you need help let me know, I'm old and slow but it would be fun any way.:hello:

I'm getting excited that so many local detectorists are interested. Please suggest a date that works for you guys and we will try to make it work for the most of us as possible. After the hunt anyone local will be free to hunt the site without me as long as I get to hear what you found.

kevo rn

Jan 28, 2013
I could do March 2nd or 3rd or 9th and 10th. Whatever is best for you guys will probably work for me.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a bout any day will fit into my busy schedule. ( my time is your's ) Like i said i'm retired, i sway with the wind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread