Looking to organize a hunt in lexington, colonial site

The Real Swift

Aug 31, 2011
Manchester, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, White's Coinmaster Pro,Whites 5500/D Series 3
I'm getting excited that so many local detectorists are interested. Please suggest a date that works for you guys and we will try to make it work for the most of us as possible. After the hunt anyone local will be free to hunt the site without me as long as I get to hear what you found.

Any weekend would work for me.

The Real Swift

Aug 31, 2011
Manchester, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, White's Coinmaster Pro,Whites 5500/D Series 3
I too have thrown in the towel and asked for help on sites that are too large for one person. It's refreshing to see an act of kindness like this! Let me know if I can help, you keep what I find.....

Where ya from 1320?

HistoryDetector

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
Appleton, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be able to. I will be down there this summer, early June. If I am able to may I join.
I'll be there for a week almost with my Grandparents and little 9 year old sister. (may be a slight annoyance) I have gone MDing before but this is my first chance to do something this old, yay!

P.S. I'm only ten but very interested in history.

Last edited:

STRIKE HOLD Logan

Feb 18, 2013
South Central KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Somerset and would love to join the hunt. I'm off work on Fridays and Saturday's but whenever you come up with a date please advise. Would really like to meet up with some fellow kentucky dirt fishers.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting excited that so many local detectorists are interested. Please suggest a date that works for you guys and we will try to make it work for the most of us as possible. After the hunt anyone local will be free to hunt the site without me as long as I get to hear what you found.

What ever works for you bud! That's a graciest offer there. I just got back from Bardstown,KY. WOW there is a LOT of history there. Beautiful as well. Let's do this thing, sounds GREAT... HH

zogcopperhead

Feb 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm interested in helpin if I can, any weekend will work for me so long as I have enough time to plan ahead. I live in the greater Cincinnati tristate area by the way

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish... Did you have any luck in Bardstown?

Kevo.. I did'nt take my machine because of the hours in class I had but the next time I will for sure.. Are you close to there? HH

kevo rn

Jan 28, 2013
I'm about 30 minutes away but it's a nice drive. Let me know if you want to get together in bardstown some time. -Kevin

OP
OP
Beercanman

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
So went to the site today guys, and found a seated half on a live dig! Looks like the winter brought a lot of small limbs down. I would be glad to meet up soon, you guys don't have to all come at once, It just keeps producing, I can't believe it. I don't know what a good raking might reveal.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At-pro and I would like to join you all, but will be in the area from April 1-4th. I realise thats weekdays and weekend is more likely for others. Meating rockhounds in Marion to dig purple Florite 3/28-3/31 then heading east to the Danville/ Lake Cumberland area, three or four days for geodes and perhaps some yard rocks. I love geodes, and Louisiana has no rock. You people are so fortunate to have geoligical mineral and crystals there. We got mud here.
Thanks for the consideration,
Ray in New Orleans

Will bring gumbo or jambalya.

STRIKE HOLD Logan

Feb 18, 2013
South Central KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be there. Just need the details when its closer to that weekend. Thanks in advance and looking forward to it.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill be glad to meet up with you and take you to a site even if its after.
I would be thankful. Heading east from Marion 4/1. So 2nd, 3rd or even 4th can work for me.
And I'll get my geodes (Dannville or L. Cumberland area) before or after. Anyone have interest in geodes? Marion mine produces very nice purple florite.
Thanx again,
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread