Looking to upgrade the delta 4K

bigsprings

Apr 29, 2011
Upstate NY
Considering upgrading the delta 4K. I have hunted about a year with it and have had some good silver, button and copper coin finds. I do have my reservations on the unit regarding the units depth and ability do discriminate multiple tones in trashy areas with it's recovery time. I currently run a sens setting at stock 8 in discrimination mode and switch to the a2 all metal mode to double check consistent signal and whether or not it's big iron. My question is with what I have learned about this machine, how would the transition be to the T2 or the T2se. Being brand specific, would I be ahead of the game in learning the new machine? The etrac is also an option, but I'm leaning towards another Teknetics. I mainly hunt fields, foundations and the beach just a couple times a year in upstate NY. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jason

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason feel free to call me with your questions. Love to help! The T2 SE is one heck of a dee machine. GREAT for relics!

The Minelab E-Trac | Big Boys Hobbies is more of a coin machine. Nothing better for deep silver.

Awendaw

Feb 27, 2012
Awendaw, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went from a delta 4000 to a t2. A little more to learn but alot like the delta. I was questioning the t2 at first due to it being a bit noisy. But the more time using it the better it gets.

OP
OP
bigsprings

bigsprings

Apr 29, 2011
Upstate NY
Thanks Bart for the prompt shipment. I am slowly learning the machine and my confidence is rising. A bit noisy, I have been ground balancing and running with the sens 70, disc 40 , and tone 2+. I've found that solid repeatable tones and consistent target #'s have been my keeper finds so far. I have been checking the iffy signals back in all metal mode, which usually confirms an iron signal. Pinpointing has been an issue though. Any tips on pinpointing with the stock coil, I find myself chasing good signals around a bit. Thanks, Jason

gmuck456

Jun 9, 2012
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4k is a very good upgrade !

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread