woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Both the G2 and the T2 are good all-around detectors. Between the two, I'd argue that the G2 is the better beach machine. However if your primary interest is coinshooting, most knowledgeable folks would probably say that the two best choices in the Tek lineup are the T2 and the Omega, with the G2 being the 3rd choice. Most folks would probably say that of the three, the G2 is the best on sites with a lot of iron trash.

In other words, there is no one "right answer", it's a question of which is the best fit for you and the kinds of sites you hunt.

The Fisher lineup has some models that are roughly similar (F75, GB Pro, F5) which you might also want to take a look at.

--Dave J.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave gave your a great reply! Thanks Dave!

If you have more questions feel free to give me a call. Love to help answer your questions and make you a great deal on any of them!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well some say the T2 tends to be chatty and some say it is not chatty ??...... And some like the G2 for it has dual processors..And i think all like the dual processors..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread