Looky What I See...

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. Not often my non-incorporated village gets any funding or attention with infrastructure but, we got some today. The county is footing the bill for eight sections of galvanized tile to replace some old rusted crap. I sure wish they would have chose plastic as this galvanized will play heck with my machine when swinging over it.:BangHead: I will be on this stuff hot & heavy after I post this thread. Two of my pirate competition drove up to the project as I was getting ready to shoot these pictures. I shooed them away as graciously as I could but, know they will not hesitate to jump all over this public land at a moments notice. Not trying to be greedy but, this is my "medical clinic" only a few hundred feet from my crib. It never sees street construction unless the town is underwater which does happen sometimes. Anyhow, gotta' get ready. I'll let you know if anything has been brought up within my grasp. Adios.

Tile Project 005.jpg Tile Project 004.jpg Tile Project 006.jpg

Update. HOLY TOLEDO! Hotter than Hades out there with the humidity not far behind the temp. Didn't find much at all so I retreated back to the command center for some sun tea and AC. Try again at night when they complete the project. :icon_pale:

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if you have any luck or if that galvanized pipe just plays heck with your detector.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck to you brother.

The heat has been keeping me at bay too.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As mentioned above, good luck.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I spy a 20 dollar gold eagle...

It is to the left of that dirt clod... down from the pebble... and right of that clump.

:P

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So did you get a chance to detect that area yet?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did you get a chance to detect that area yet?

A spent a few hours maybe hunting it in the dreaded heat and humidity. Mostly iron trash, a few pull tabs, smashed cans, and one tiny horse shoe that is kinda' cute. Not the 1800's coins scattered about I was hoping for. Also swinging over that giant galvanized steel pipe really makes you turn down the sensitivity anywhere near it. So the 1883 Indian Head penny was my only real keeper off that project which I'll take with gratitude. I hope all is well. Adios.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's a total bummer that they used metal pipe. Good luck though! My second large cent was found because it had been dug up when the city put in a new water line.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you kept those pirates at bay. Street tear outs can bring out the worst in some detectorists.I was swinging over an old tear out about 20 years ago and a fellow drove up in a big truck demanding that I leave immediatly because he had permission to be the exclusive hunter here as he was part of the road construction crew.We nearly came to blows over it as I told him it was a public right of way and I wasn't going anywhere and that he should go get his detector and start swinging cause surely there was going to be a few more swarming the roadside by this time tomorrow. He left and I never saw him again, but I managed to pull some good keepers before any backup detectorists arrived.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread