Loomis Coin Handler Job Ad - Interesting

statch

Jan 4, 2013
FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Just stumbled on this ad made by Loomis on CL. I think its always been the greatest enigma among us all for years how exactly they operate behind their closed doors when it comes to coin. Someone in Denver should apply and give us the full inside scoop! :laughing7:

They do go into detail of the job description which seems to paint a better picture how they operate internally. I always find stuff like this interesting. You can see the ad here:

Warehouse Work (Coin Handler) (Support the Troops)

I had the chance to talk briefly to a teller a few years ago who had worked as a supervisor for Brinks. She had some interesting things to say but still didn't answer some of my most important questions. I'd give a good chunk of money just to know for certain how they operate so to improve my CRH strategies or if not only to satisfy a burning curiosity.

In case the ad is taken down or expires, heres a copy of the ad:

Want a workout at work? Coin handler position is very much like warehouse work!!!

Apply online at WWW.Work4Loomis.com (Position is called Coin handler)

Loomis Supports the troops and likes to hire Veterans. For every 2 years of service with the military we honor you with one year on our pay scale. We will match up to 5 years on our pay scale.

Loomis seeks highly qualified individuals to join our team and become a fully functional Coin Handler. This is an extremely physical job!!!! The schedule that is available for this position is Full Time Monday-Friday 3:30pm- 12:00am.

Coin Processors work as a team member of the cash handling department. You will be responsible for the proper counting, sorting and handling of coin bags weighing 50 pounds and the operating a forklift for the proper storage of pallets of boxed coin. Also, you will prepare coin change orders for route delivery to banks, commercial and retail customers, as well as the proper balancing of financial customers' coin inventories maintained by Loomis. If you enjoy warehousing and have the ability to multi-task, doing detailed work, and do not want to be tied to a desk, this may be the opportunity for you.

You will receive on the job training. We believe that our people make Loomis a great company. Loomis teammates are constantly encouraged in personal development and are updated on the newest safety and security training. Our training is second to none in the industry.

Loomis offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Automatic 401K Plan for all employees and a selection of benefits covering Dental, Vision, Medical, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Life, AD&D plans for the employee and their dependents.

We are looking for applicants who are at least 21 years of age, show steady employment history and can pass a comprehensive background check that includes criminal history check.

The Coin Processor job duties require the following:

Repetitiously lift, without assistance, at least 50 pounds from floor level to 3-4 foot level
Ability to move bulk coin with hand carts or manual pallet jacks
Operate a forklift truck
Full range of motion of arms, shoulders and back
Ability to operate a PC based inventory program
Work in a room within a vault with little or no exposure to outside light

Loomis will work with you to obtain the proper training that the states mandates for forklift operators.

On-line applicants may be contacted to further discuss the opportunity either by email or phone.

If you are interested in this position, PLEASE DO NOT SEND A RESUME. Apply online at WWW.Work4Loomis.com. We are the Denver Branch.

EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability

Drug Free Workplace.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers

Upvote 0

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread