Loose Headphone jack on MXT

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is still under warranty you should send it back to Whites or at lesat call tech support and tell them about it to see what they will do.

Good Luck,
Sandman

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do this if it was out of the warranty and if it was mine. There is a little bottle of stuff you can get at a hardware or auto supply store that is called threadlock or locktite. It is basically superglue for nuts and bolts. I would try that and see how she does. It will not affect any electronics either because you can apply it to just the threads. I know it will hold because I have used it for different stuff in the past. Just an idea for you, Tim

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya can buy a metal nut at a electronics store or a music shop. It should be about a buck. Way cheeper than shipping to Whites.

OP
OP
Hiker

Hiker

Nov 30, 2008
Newnan, GA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the ideas. The threads on the jack are stripped, glue or a new nut will not help. Whites emailed me and said they will ship me a new jack. I just have to find someone to solder it in for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread