Lost and Found Ads imput?

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Lost and Found Ad's imput?

I've been watching local lost and found ad's for possible leads to lost jewelry lately, and was wondering how many of you are doing the same. And if so where are you finding your best ad's.
http://www.lostandfound.com/detail.html
Thought it would be fun to reunite people with lost stuff and generate reward money and or leads and permissions to hunt.
Not to mention what it can do for your Kama.
Dano

D

deacon

Re: Lost and Found Ad's imput?

It has been quite sometime since I've followed the ads. Haven't gotten a paper in years. I would be interested in hearing how you make out. Only experience with lost and found was to help a driver search for a ring his girlfriend tossed out the window. He found it. And onetime I found a cell phone, which I just turned in to the local police.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Occasionally I look in the local paper. Most of those ads show up after the weekend. Sometimes it pays to keep your eyes and ears open at community events. Saw a domestic argument and the wife threw her wedd. set and yelled that she was through. Happened to know the couple, went out the next day and found the set, called her and said that I had found them. She didn't offer a reward per se, just said to keep them as she didn't need them. 8)

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

I've been seeing some that I liked, trying to go back in archives and look over last few years in one area. One more bit of info...In my research so far I've found that about 80% of class rings are lost on school grounds High school and college campus' Would probably be a good test for your MD's
Get to know the sound.
Dano

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

on that same page dano book em down!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Dano91:
Check behind the "Old Store", in San Patricio, Tx!
A gal got mad at her boyfriend and threw a 2 & 1/2 c. :P (emerald cut) engagement ring away! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread