LOST Diamond Rings in FT.Lauderdale FL???

clina

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Hello,
I desperately need any guidance if you could help.
I was at Ft. Lauderdale beach Sunday afternoon (3-15-09) and lost my Wedding ring along with my engagement ring. They are very sentimental to me. I have REWARD money if found.
I just came back from the beach this morning after searching alongside a very nice man with a metal detector. who mentioned about Metal detecting clubs. Any Advice? Thank you so much for your time, I hope you have a wonderful day.
Lost
White Gold engagement ring
It has a single center diamond with rope of diamonds the wrap around the band.Custom made

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: any metal detecting in FT.Lauderdale FL???

They are Probably Out Hunting this time of day.

Should be Someone on this Evening.

Good Luck !

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

clina said:
Hello,
I desperately need any guidance if you could help.
I was at Ft. Lauderdale beach Sunday afternoon (3-15-09) and lost my Wedding ring along with my engagement ring. They are very sentimental to me. I have REWARD money if found.
I just came back from the beach this morning after searching alongside a very nice man with a metal detector. who mentioned about Metal detecting clubs. Any Advice? Thank you so much for you time, I hope you have a wonderful day.
Lost
White Gold engagement ring
It has a single center diamond with rope of diamonds the wrap around the band.Custom made

I can't help as I won't be down in Florida for a while yet.

The best would be to rent a detector yourself and work the exact spot.

If you know the exactly where you lost it you could also make a hardware screen sifter in a wooden frame and simply shovel the sand through it. A couple doing this together could cover a lot of area in a few hours. And too you may find other lost stuff.

The screening method can't be beat by any detector.

But personally I'd never publish online the exact location. Most here would be honest but some aren't.

Best,

Badger

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

Find someone who KNOWS HOW TO RUN A DETECTOR and tell them the general location. I say general because it has been my experience that the people who lose rings in the water haven't a clue when or where it as lost. They go along and all of a sudden realize it is missing and assume that it just fell off at that location. Friend of mine was at the beach and the guy who lost his band told him he was just about standing on the location that the ring came off. My friend found it about 100 yards from the spot where the guy was standing. As 4 a screen, I would love to watch someone trying to use one in the surf, or better yet going back and forth to the beach with scoopfulls of sand or shell-it is a big ocean ;D ;D ;D ;D .02

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Change your title to LOST Diamond Rings you will get more response, most of us will return them to you if you can identify them.....

Good luck... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

clina

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
I was standing near the shoreline in a foot of water, across from the Rockbar and Sangria (mexican resturant) signs.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
clina,
There must be a lack of Ft. Lauderdale folks on here because typically you will always have a couple people jumping at the opportunity to assist. I wish you the best of luck on finding it. Please keep us updated!

skanaman

Apr 24, 2011
Clina,

I live about 45 miles from Fort Lauderdale. If you have not found your rings yet, I may be able to help.

John
561-267-0674

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see John already posted to help you, but if that doesn't work out...post on craig's list in the lost and found section. The locals that enjoy helping folks , will contact you. Sometimes they have ads on there, offering to help, as well.
Joy

harryb007

Oct 28, 2010
Waterboro, Maine
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Over a month has passed since thas was posted. It has probably been found already. You should post on craigslist and maybe a few flyers in the area. Possibly someone has it and would gladly return if they knew the owner.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I live in Ft. Laud, I'm a little new on t-net, so bear with me please. I can get down there Monday morning at earliest. I been seeing a few folks on live web detecting there over last few weeks. But that was the Beachplace cam they were at, at that time. I'm not familiar with the Rockbar/mexican resturant sign? clina was talking about. If she could pm me or posts, may help.

I belong to the S.F Treasure Hunters Club, (avater picture from last meeting)I'm calling our VP right now, while posting. Kathy, said she really doubts it could still be there, but,............ I'll go Monday, John, don't worry bout the trip down, I'll posts as soon as I get back Mon. IF ya'll know how to contact clina, have her try to give me an exact spot, I got wateredge, but not familiar with Rockbar/mnexican restarant sign??

If after Monday, Tues, whtever, I don't find it, Kathy said we can posts it on our site, if a club member found it, hey, they'd probably like reward money, that's always very nice. so ya'll posts and I'll check back in. So sorry I didn't see this before now. Don't get your hopes all up, frazzle out, just chill,(you mean you haven't already picked out your upgraded NEW wedding set?) ;D

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Guys,
The original post was in 2009. I think too much time has passed for any help now.

Chuck

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! How did I miss that! :o Thank you for pointing that out! My eye doctor keeps telling me I got "birthdayitis" in my eyes, their getting older! LOL!
The cat was off and ready to run! LOL!

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm reading and I hunt with Erikk (Pete) and I am thinking he is talking about a platinum ring I found and returned to a guy and I am thinking but man that was a few years ago until I saw the original date of the post.... ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread