Lost Gold? Supersticious Mountains? Need help? Map with cactus?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Macpoetsgirl said:
My father searched for a treasure I think it was in the Superstitious Mountains in California (It is the story of some lost gold that was buried and never found) I have information that can help you if you are interested.? I would have to have you sent me a copy of the actual map to see if I recognize it.? I do not have a copy of it nor would I be interested in looking for it.? However I have information that can help you.? And all I ask is that if the information I share with you helps you find the treasure you just remember who to reward for it.? You must be a person of your word.? If interested email me at [email protected]? ?I have seen the map many times in the pass if you sent me a copy of it I will know if its the map he used ( I havent seen a copy in over 12 years).? Then I will share the info with you.? I would personally look for it myself except 1-I am a female 2-It is on tough terrain 3-Its very dangerous 4-The person that finds it runs high danger risk.? Believe me when I tell you it scared my dad enought never to go back.? He has since passed and it would give me great pleasure if someone would find it.? It was his obsession. My details are a little fuzzy but if you know what Im talking about get in contact with me- Clear my mind a bit and I promise I will help you.?
She said that she thought that the mtns were in Calif she was not sure in her message. BUCK

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
That!? ?8)? Might all be true...
But!
Just how many refences do you see, in all of the above commentary, about the Superstition Mnt(s). in California?
As far as,? ? Mtns vs Mnt ,? I was born in Phoenix and spend many months in the "SuperstitionS" !
If I were to mention them, in either the plural or singluar form, guess how many knowledgable Th'ers, know exactly where & what, I am referring to?
But! If they were really Knowledgable, I am sure that they would ask ME!!!!!
"Which one? The ones In California or Arizona?" :P
Right?

A

aetius

Interesting story. And yes the Superstition Moutains are in Arizona. (Close to Phoenix) I read an article that claims the mines (if they existed) caved in in the early 1900's (1912 I think) after an earth quake in the area. Witnesses seen a large dust plume shoot up around the mountain area during/after the quake that led to the belief of a mine shaft caving in. (The witnesses were on a military base close to the moutains during the time). But who knows?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if they were military witnesses i wonder if it was the same ones they used at the victorio peak site, u know ,, where old doc noss lost his mind and saw all that delusional gold......

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi gldhntr :)
You should really research the Story of "Doc's" Gold before dismissing it off hand!
A good place to start, would be the book by David L Chandler!
It is titled "100 Tons of Gold" !
This book is filled with FACTS,? >:(? Not! Hearsay!
AND! It is finally back in Publication,
? :o AFTER Being Banned ? >:(? By Uncle Sam!
Don't take my word for this,? 8)?
All you have to do is just write and ask the Publisher and/or the Author!
I have heard and seen more of Uncle Sam's unchecked and dire nature ? :-\ than I ever wanted to!
My New Mexico Partner is one of DOC's Grandsons!

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Hey Bill,, I have read a little about it ,, heard Noss reburied an amount,. saw where it was in court, know very well what the d#$@%d government is capable of.. I can see them now the greedy b#$@&^%s " oh no there is nothing there but a few gold teeth"....see they still have military around and the good citizens of the upper america can't even think of going there.. knowing uncle sam he is using our tax dollars to dig underground from there to every other treasure within 1000 miles so we won't be able to have access to them either... .Know very well that the Doc and his family wouldn't have went to so much trouble over any pipe dream ...will definantly get the book...appreciate the info on it gldhntr

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Gldhntr:
Boy! You talk about people! getting Gold Fever!? ::)
Our Govt. literally goes CRAZY ? ?:P? when the word is even mentioned!
They HAVE! and They WILL! Killed? :-\ for it!
But! To change the subject to a more friendly one,? ;D
???? are you planning any trips out this year?

pityocamptes

Jul 5, 2003
Black Beard said:
I carry a big Colt 45 into the Mountains an I'm not afraid to use it if threatened.

Ha, ha. We usually go with Ak's or Ar's - you can keep your .45? ::)? Oh, and I'm not afraid to use mine either? ;D? Seriously, in this day although a colt .45 is good you may want to look at capacity and? reloading speed...

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
pityocamptes said:
Black Beard said:
I carry a big Colt 45 into the Mountains an I'm not afraid to use it if threatened.

Ha, ha. We usually go with Ak's or Ar's - you can keep your .45? ::)? Oh, and I'm not afraid to use mine either? ;D? Seriously, in this day although a colt .45 is good you may want to look at capacity and? reloading speed...
Damn Dude are we looking for treasure or a war ??? Buck

pityocamptes

Jul 5, 2003
Buck said:
pityocamptes said:
Black Beard said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting you down at all. Better to have a gun than not have one at all is my motto. We run across alot of smugglers down her in SW AZ and many times that we have encountered them they are armed. Not so long ago we came across 12 backpackers, armed, as we were and a very bad feeling permeated the air. We went our sepearte was but the tension was high. That and the few times that hunters out here have been shot at for no reason except that they were in the wrong area at the wrong time. I still carry a revolver but also an assualt rifle since you never know. The smugglers and illegals are getting more and more desperate and will and do shoot at citizens of this country. Its very sad. Keep safe.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
pityocamptes said:
Buck said:
pityocamptes said:
Black Beard said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting you down at all. Better to have a gun than not have one at all is my motto. We run across alot of smugglers down her in SW AZ and many times that we have encountered them they are armed. Not so long ago we came across 12 backpackers, armed, as we were and a very bad feeling permeated the air. We went our sepearte was but the tension was high. That and the few times that hunters out here have been shot at for no reason except that they were in the wrong area at the wrong time. I still carry a revolver but also an assualt rifle since you never know. The smugglers and illegals are getting more and more desperate and will and do shoot at citizens of this country. Its very sad. Keep safe.
I I also carry a gun for I live in az also but there is a lot of actives out on the desert and in the ten or so years I have seen some real weird things going on But It beats living where it snows Buck

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
FYI:
I believe it was last year?? ????
THAT! A Border Patrolman was shot and killed!
? ?SO! You BETTER Believe.....? :-\
IT IS? A WAR ZONE!
:)? ? ? ?;D? ? ? ?::)
I was sitting in camp one evening, when, down the canyon,? a FIRE FIGHT broke out !? ?:P
No! Big Deal!? ?8)
Except for the fact, that there were several FULL AUTO WEAPONS involved!? ?:o

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
SAY!? ?;)? ?Pityocamptes:
It sounds as tho you are in the same general area that I sometimes frequent!
How far to the SW (Ariz) are you ? ???
SW=Yuma area or SW of Nogales?

E

Eddiehoo

After reading a lot of the posts on here and living in Az. I have a couple of questions for all of you guys. I'm not trying to be fecitious or mean spirited but just want to know you guy's and gal's opinions.

For more than 100 yrs no one has ever found the Lost Dutchman Mine. Bob Schuse and the Feldman guy in AZ did receive their permit to dig in the Superstitions and are currently digging as we speak. No one knows what mine it is but is isn't anywhere you would think compared to the location given by Waltz and they have had good success opening up a couple of different shafts.

My question to you all is since the Dutchman mine has never been found after all these yrs why is it so hard to believe Brewer's book?

I've read it, been to the sites he describes in his book and looked around for myself. I don't see why you would think it all to be fiction with all the info he provides unless you are trying to run a disinformation campaign. Any opinions? Thanks guys!!

Eddiehoo

XYZ
ART
LGB
BMF
TURD

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
here is one thing that you can show me page 37 where is that Giant skull shaped boulder located at it the pic in the middle of the page 37 ??? For I can't find it buck

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
sorry I need to up-date that last message that I posted wrong the page is 112 the photo is 36 sorry about that :'(buck :-\

E

Eddiehoo

Buck check out the location that is described in the book. If its not at that exact location he may, for various reasons, not given the correct location. Just my humble opinion!!

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Eddiehoo said:
After reading a lot of the posts on here and living in Az.? I have a couple of questions for all of you guys. I'm not trying to be fecitious or mean spirited but just want to know you guy's and gal's opinions.

For more than 100 yrs no one has ever found the Lost Dutchman Mine.? Bob Schuse? and the Feldman guy in AZ did receive their permit to dig in the Superstitions and are currently digging as we speak.? No one knows what mine it is but is isn't anywhere you would think compared to the location given by Waltz and they have had good success opening up a couple of different shafts.

My question to you all is since the Dutchman mine has never been found after all these yrs why is it so hard? to believe Brewer's book?

I've read it, been to the sites he describes in his book and looked around for myself.? I don't see why you would think it all to be fiction with all the info he provides unless you are trying to run a disinformation campaign.? Any opinions?? Thanks guys!!

Eddiehoo
Your message says (quote) that you have been to the sites he describes in his book and looked around for your self all I am asking is the general area of the giant skull-shaped boulder if you have been there your self it can't be a problem is it
XYZ
ART
LGB
BMF
TURD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread