Lost Mines in Mexico - An Important Discovery by H.O. Flipper August 21, 1889

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola shortfinger

You will never know where you end up in this world?

Sounds like you already had a few adventures already? Travel my friend becomes a little like a mind expansion drug and some times gets in the way of commitments in life. As I tell my wife I rather be a tiger in jungle than a tiger in a cage in the zoo. I am very lucky man as my wife has been a pillar of support in my wander lust. Yet her gentle, nurturing and caring nature has over years turned me into a bit of ***** cat. I suppose its not a bad trade off when you be come a granddad you realize you have survived life while overs have come and gone. And you lose that anger at the unfairness in the world when I was once that fiery tiger.:laughing7:

Kanacki

Kanacki, I have been mulling this post for quite a while. Your wife must be very special. As wonderful and supportive as my wife is, I cannot imagine that she would ever, under any circumstances, allow me to spend any amount of time sailing around the South Pacific with an all female crew, even if they were as ugly as sin, and dressed like nuns…..which I’m sure your crew isn’t either one of those. :tongue3:

:coffee2::coffee2::occasion14::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Shortfinger

There is funny weird yarn indeed connected to that. But It late again and old kanacki's eyes are tired. It 2 am. I have be awake since 5 am yesterday.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacki, I have been mulling this post for quite a while. Your wife must be very special. As wonderful and supportive as my wife is, I cannot imagine that she would ever, under any circumstances, allow me to spend any amount of time sailing around the South Pacific with an all female crew, even if they were as ugly as sin, and dressed like nuns…..which I’m sure your crew isn’t either one of those. :tongue3:

:coffee2::coffee2::occasion14::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Hola Indeed she is truly my most precious treasure my friend. Not all crews on my vessels are so pleasing to eye, than that particular voyage that really was pleasing to the eye. Crow's plumbers bum crack hanging out when up in rigging of the "Drumbeat" is not particularly a pleasant sight :laughing7:

However with the All Girl crew on that was an unusual voyage as they were part of dance troop of hula dancers run by my wife. When that braggart drunken beach bum Layabout Crow first saw sight of the Crew I think he drooled then He slapped himself in the face. :laughing7:

On that Voyage my wife was by my side and no Hanky Panky. Even so there was no fear in that as I love my wife. But that dead beat old pirate managed to knock one of em up during the voyage. Even though it was after that miss-understanding when his ex gave him a surprise visit in Fiji. Finding him a sleep with a grin from ear to ear in a hammock under the tarp in the front Forecastle with two topless crew members. It was an awkward moment for everyone.

Maybe the voyage did the shameless old pirate good? Everyone including himself was surprised after half a century firing blanks he finally fired a live one. Now he has a scalawag son following him around and of course his mum The lovely Teha Taya

A new pirate crew in making for the raggedy old bird.

kanacki

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see Old Bookaroo and Kanacki back posting on this website. Your erudite comments, details and information have been missed.

And of course we have had our venerable Don keeping us entertained and updated with the Tayopa book and site, and stories of some of his interesting experiences.

Kanacki, if I may, I would like to run something past you regarding a story I have heard on my travels and have done some preliminary research into. I shall post it just as soon as I can.

Good to see you back chaps.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Indeed she is truly my most precious treasure my friend. Not all crews on my vessels are so pleasing to eye, than that particular voyage that really was pleasing to the eye. Crow's plumbers bum crack hanging out when up in rigging of the "Drumbeat" is not particularly a pleasant sight :laughing7:

However with the All Girl crew on that was an unusual voyage as they were part of dance troop of hula dancers run by my wife. When that braggart drunken beach bum Layabout Crow first saw sight of the Crew I think he drooled then He slapped himself in the face. :laughing7:

On that Voyage my wife was by my side and no Hanky Panky. Even so there was no fear in that as I love my wife. But that dead beat old pirate managed to knock one of em up during the voyage. Even though it was after that miss-understanding when his ex gave him a surprise visit in Fiji. Finding him a sleep with a grin from ear to ear in a hammock under the tarp in the front Forecastle with two topless crew members. It was an awkward moment for everyone.

Maybe the voyage did the shameless old pirate good? Everyone including himself was surprised after half a century firing blanks he finally fired a live one. Now he has a scalawag son following him around and of course his mum The lovely Teha Taya

A new pirate crew in making for the raggedy old bird.

kanacki

Well, that clears it up a little. Your wife’s hula dance troupe, and she was there. I suppose that even my wife could have gone along with that. From what I have seen of Crow’s posts here, the voyage seems to have been wonderful for him. I know my sons are my true treasure (along with the wife that gave them to me), even if they do annoy and aggravate me once in a while (all three of them, if truth be told). But you have to do your best to teach them when they are young, then let them live their own life. If you have done your job well, they will do theirs.

Still waiting on the HAKA dance day story…….

JB

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see Old Bookaroo and Kanacki back posting on this website. Your erudite comments, details and information have been missed.

And of course we have had our venerable Don keeping us entertained and updated with the Tayopa book and site, and stories of some of his interesting experiences.

Kanacki, if I may, I would like to run something past you regarding a story I have heard on my travels and have done some preliminary research into. I shall post it just as soon as I can.

Good to see you back chaps.

Hola Interested Party in UK

Just be aware I have a limited access to treasurenet and the internet and will be at soon sea again from the 26th.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortfinger my apologies with the Hakka story. It has been posted several times even on this site somewhere. I have interests in multiple small business and interests in much larger projects. As soon as I hit port I get a flurry of emails. I have interests in my vessels, A community bank. A bottled water plant, the above mentioned medical ship project, A share holder in various projects around the Pacific. That and a growing brood of family members. We have an interest in a very big mining consortium project in the Bismark sea. If that consortium project is a success we will be a very big threat to China's strangle hold on rare earth metals. Rare earth metals are the key to the future growth of technology. Thus he who owns the key to future owns the world.

A new mining work platform command ship is being built for the project. Its nearing completion as I type.

2011-04-12_NR-02.jpg

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mining machine are being built in United Kingdom company designed for deep sea. Mining this is cutting edge deep sea mining technology. Some of the units are nearing completion.

sea floor cutter.jpg

p6-seabot-z-20140425.jpg

Kanacki

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pneumatic cylinders more than hydraulic on the auger/drum/nozzle barrel?
I never considered air pressure on a cylinder at depths.
Keeping seals intact on hydraulic maybe..
Interesting looking equipment to a former grease monkey.
That drum alone would give me fits of carbide visions and nozzle diameters,auger flight's angles, teeth and rakers....:p

Tracks on drive unit have grousers... a tour would explain their drive method and how track wind up is avoided...
Ohh well. I have stroked a lot of cable though, checking for fray and core exposure.
If you only pluck one note, do it good and faithfully.8-)

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose my deepest apologies once again I have side tracked the topic.

Your Sweet heart in the UN has sent me a document that may be of interest and be location in which may be actual source of the information Henry Ossian Flipper obtained about Tayopa. There is still documents that may be of great interest to you.

henry flipper consular records 1901.jpg

Not in Church as such but A private church of the local Hacienda....

Hacienda.jpg

Kanacki

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Interested Party in UK

Just be aware I have a limited access to treasurenet and the internet and will be at soon sea again from the 26th.

Kanacki

Hey Kanacki

In that case I shall condense the story and hope that you might have come across it and can shed some light on it if possible.

I have been in Scandinavia recently and spoke to some people about the events in Peru during its struggle for independence from Spain during the 19th century. The legend of "The Lima Treasure" is well known and I need not go into it, but evidence has suggested that there was a sizeable hoard that was stocked and stored waiting for shipment to a 'safe' Spanish port perhaps in Mexico on its western coast. It is also probable that a good amount was appropriated by a British Royal Navy commander who had a force meandering in the waters of the Pacific at the time. A stately home here in the UK bought at the time probably attests to that. As the story goes, many believe that it was taken to the well known Cocos Island location. But these folk that I met said that they had 'evidence' that it was actually taken 'the other way' and sailed around the tip of South America and into the Atlantic. Old Bookaroo kindly suggested some books to me sometime ago and I came across this story. Anyway, these guys actually corresponded with various authorities on the eastern coast of South America and some Caribbean islands, and there is various garbled stories. I have managed to look into this and there was a few rumours of finds off the coast of Chile some years back, and there is evidence suggesting some surreptitious trading that took place at the time of this incident and that there was some investigation by the Brazilian authorities on their land off their coastline and they did find some hastily abandoned camps.

A few British expeditions took place about 60-80 years ago and other than those taking part, we do not know for sure if anything was uncovered or how substantial it might have been. There has been some disagreements between various SA governments over possession of some islands and this may have added/hindered to some excavations.

Have you ever come across this story?

IPUK

PS. Apologies for using the Tayopa thread for this question

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kanacki

In that case I shall condense the story and hope that you might have come across it and can shed some light on it if possible.

I have been in Scandinavia recently and spoke to some people about the events in Peru during its struggle for independence from Spain during the 19th century. The legend of "The Lima Treasure" is well known and I need not go into it, but evidence has suggested that there was a sizeable hoard that was stocked and stored waiting for shipment to a 'safe' Spanish port perhaps in Mexico on its western coast. It is also probable that a good amount was appropriated by a British Royal Navy commander who had a force meandering in the waters of the Pacific at the time. A stately home here in the UK bought at the time probably attests to that. As the story goes, many believe that it was taken to the well known Cocos Island location. But these folk that I met said that they had 'evidence' that it was actually taken 'the other way' and sailed around the tip of South America and into the Atlantic. Old Bookaroo kindly suggested some books to me sometime ago and I came across this story. Anyway, these guys actually corresponded with various authorities on the eastern coast of South America and some Caribbean islands, and there is various garbled stories. I have managed to look into this and there was a few rumours of finds off the coast of Chile some years back, and there is evidence suggesting some surreptitious trading that took place at the time of this incident and that there was some investigation by the Brazilian authorities on their land off their coastline and they did find some hastily abandoned camps.

A few British expeditions took place about 60-80 years ago and other than those taking part, we do not know for sure if anything was uncovered or how substantial it might have been. There has been some disagreements between various SA governments over possession of some islands and this may have added/hindered to some excavations.

Have you ever come across this story?

IPUK

PS. Apologies for using the Tayopa thread for this question

Hola IPIK rumor has it, that all of those questions will be answered before long.

Kanacki

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kanacki.

Knew this one had meat on the bone.

Take it I can put my bucket and spade away for another day then...:thumbsup:

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here was I, believing that you fellas had started to take things easy.......now I can guess what the rascal of a bird is up to!

One thing I have most definitely learned very quickly and very sharply, no matter how exaggerated the story or varied in its form, if it has stood the test of time, there is always a kernel of truth that if probed deep and persistently enough, will eventually all start clicking into place. My eyes have been opened to the serious major players out there who are willing to chance everything in the eternal hope of striking it mega-rich quickly. Until you start mixing in those circles, seeing and speaking to those peeps, you will only scratch the proverbial surface and never realise what lies beneath.

Those shiny books only gloss over what may have happened and can never truly prepare an individual for the hardship, frustration, double-dealing, danger, resource-depleting and helplessness that you come across in the world of treasure and its hunting.

But then, once in a while, you come across serious folk who have done the business and have accomplished their mission and are now enjoying the fruits of their endeavours.:occasion14:

It is all too fascinating and can suck the individual in and ensure that they always remain enchanted and enamoured.

IPUK

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacki,IPUK, Gracias a ambos. (thanks to both) Any reference to a treasure or adventure is welcome.

Incidentally, I recently saw that the treasure had been recovered on Cocos by two of the Guardians. It was a no. of boxes buried in the sand and has been turned over to the 'govt. They spotted it after a storm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread