Lost Mines in Mexico - An Important Discovery by H.O. Flipper August 21, 1889

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose……..funny how that works, in my mind I see myself as 30 something, yet in the mirror I see this older guy (well 59, not so old) and certainly the aches and pains that come with age, serve as a reminded of age…….and yet it is also true that I consider myself blessed as I look around at how far worse others are…….gracias a Dios, vaya con Dios mis amigos

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola shortfinger

You will never know where you end up in this world?

Sounds like you already had a few adventures already? Travel my friend becomes a little like a mind expansion drug and some times gets in the way of commitments in life. As I tell my wife I rather be a tiger in jungle than a tiger in a cage in the zoo. I am very lucky man as my wife has been a pillar of support in my wander lust. Yet her gentle, nurturing and caring nature has over years turned me into a bit of ***** cat. I suppose its not a bad trade off when you be come a granddad you realize you have survived life while overs have come and gone. And you lose that anger at the unfairness in the world when I was once that fiery tiger.:laughing7:

Kanacki

My “adventures” have all been pretty tame. I suppose that may be a good thing. I have my treasure in my family (no grandchildren yet, I got started late, and my boys are following suit), and wouldn’t trade them for anything, but still, I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if I had made some different choices earlier in life….. Your medical ship project is commendable. I hope you have great success with it I know it is much needed in the many isolated islands in the South Pacific. Several years ago, I was close friends with a family from Tonga and learned quite a bit about life in that area of the South Pacific. I am sure that the same stories are repeated throughout the area, although I suspect that Tonga may be one of the more prosperous areas. I do intend to get into the South Pacific sometime in the future, and will keep an eye out for "Drumbeat" or "Ocean Child". Chances are I will see neither, but stranger things have happened.....

JB

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, True doc. Frankly, I never feel sorry for myself, I made the decisions and must live through them.

Don Jose, that is another thing I admire about you. And, although I sometimes wonder about my choices and my decisions, I never feel sorry for myself, either. I did what I did for my own reasons, good or not, and that is all there is to it.

JB.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHORTFINGER, I often wonder if I should have stayed at the vinyard, but then, I never would have met my wonderful wife

Don Jose, I've tried to answer this three times already, but it just isn't coming out right, so I keep scrapping my answer. Just be assured that you did the right thing. Of course, only you can know, but I think you do already realize it.

JB

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose……..funny how that works, in my mind I see myself as 30 something, yet in the mirror I see this older guy (well 59, not so old) and certainly the aches and pains that come with age, serve as a reminded of age…….and yet it is also true that I consider myself blessed as I look around at how far worse others are…….gracias a Dios, vaya con Dios mis amigos

So, doc-d, when i was a youngster like you, I used to see myself as (late) 30 something. Now, as I approach 66 (still in diapers, according to Don Jose), I'm feeling my age more and more. I'd say I feel about 59..... Vaya con Dios to all.

JB

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortfinger the trouble with us my friend we have not dank the waters of the fountain of youth. Don Jose on the other hand.....

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose a sign of old age is not ones actually age but one looking back and wondering what if? We all travel down twisted convoluted roads. Some times we take a wrong turn and get lost along the way. But the road of life is long one and there will always be wonder of where those other roads would of taken us?

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose

Good point If we had run we would of been cut down. My Children would of been fatherless and my youngest son would not exist. Such was the role of the dice.

Kanacki

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola Simon 1

I do have interest in bigger another ship. It is for not for profit humanitarian purposes. Various corporations have invested interest into the project. Which will have benefits For remote settlements in Papua New Guniea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and even Marshall, Nauru island and Micronesia. A group of altruistic businessmen from various countries got together to try to help get better medical service some of the more remotest parts of western Pacific.

I will not say How much it cost me personally but the cost will far out weight the long term benefits. The last few years I have trained through my voyages very poor young men and women from various locations in Western Pacific in basic seaman ship via the "Drumbeat" Many gone on to various vessels and further training and employment as crew of fishing vessel or various merchant navies. These are young men and women that had very few skill or chances to do some thing with their lives. My wife and I took many young people under own wings and rewired negative attitudes to a more positive out look in life. For one once they have sailed with us they change from disorganized disillusioned young men and women to more organized people confident in themselves and world about them.

Some of those crew are now being employed on this new ship which will have rotating crews as the vessel bellow is to be run by donations by various foundations. We have volunteer trainee doctors seeking experience dentist and other trained medical practitioners that sail on this vessel and Crew. The vessel is small Ex Norwegian Landing ship in excellent condition, built for tough challenging Arctic conditions.Which will be converted into Mini medical center. Its by no means an all out hospital. But it being landing craft can get places where other ships could not go. The vessel can beach and land FWD drives to even remote villages inland from the coast if there are roads. Doctor teams can be loaded onto Zodiacs to get in places where the ship cannot go. Most services offered for free is only basic medical services.

The flow on effect will be are enormous. On my island there was two abandoned slipways. Since my sailing vessels used the slips, I have invested in repairing them and, it is give opportunity to create a few jobs with locals and enhancing local skills when the ex landing vessel arrives. Once on the Slip is going to be repainted white with big red Cross on the sides and rear. Also a few minor modifications. The 6 modified containers will be fitted out there also. As we will be installing air conditioning for the tropics. That with mini refit of the Ocean"child". The slip will be a little bit busy in next few months. A big plus for the local economy.

There is also employment for Captain and Crews and Voluntary experience for medical teams. And for remote Island atolls, where there is little or no medical assistance a god Send. The medical center will be in 6 Container which are loaded on top deck. The Crane can lift the containers onto a FWD Forklift. vehicles and extra equipment such as generators etc can packed into Garage space. Besides Crew We can take about 8-10 medical crew. They have been given 12 months to prove the ability of this concept project to give better health outcomes in the region. Each container module has its own specialty. Pharmacy, x ray, dentist, Doctor consultation rooms. Optometrist.

View attachment 1200739

View attachment 1200741

View attachment 1200742

View attachment 1200743

As said if the project can prove cost effective positive out comes in the 12 month trial. At present I am talking to CEO of mining companies PR to get behind the project.

Kanacki

As ALWAYS, I am EXTREMELY impressed with you guys ! And such workaholics.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simon 1

Many years ago a trio of whipping donkeys got tired being under the whip. One day they snatched the whip off their masters and whipped back. Never again will they submit down that path again. We do not just look back only seeing oppression but seeing a long hard much needed lessons in life being learned. Now it is our turn to shine as the Journey of empowerment continues. We have a even bigger projects each one building more skill and expertise levels to do things on a much bigger scale. It is empowering as being a bird left out of a cage. Having the freedom to fly.

What we do it is not work its a state of mind and we live and breathe it. My day might go from 7am in morning to 1am in morning the next day. Although I confess have grandpa snooze in the Afternoon. If I am at sea your world revolves around the welfare of the ship the outside world does not exist. When in port I have to catch up on various stages of various micro to Macro business projects. Still we still manage to have fun and necessities, that is still an important component balance of life.

kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread