Lost my closest coin machine... sigh

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would dump $500-$1000 halves a week into one of only two local self-serve coin machines. Now, since 'maintenance' work was done, it no longer accepts halves. They let me dump $485 unwrapped today, but I bet the ONE woman that gave me attitude about a full bag one time is behind this, and I hope when I start dumping them rolled up, she realizes that taking a full bag off a machine and sealing it was easier than unwrapping 100 rolls into the same bag.

I'm going to start a pool, how many weeks until I get denied depositing rolled halves? Going to be respectful though, I can't piss them off too much, as this coin machine will still be useful to dump dimes, nickels and pennies.

Upvote 0

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you man. There is a bank with a coin counter that has about 6 branches near me, as of Sept 1 they are charging 5% for coin machine use (over $25) even if you are a customer. AND to top that off they told me today they will not accept rolled coins because they have the coin counter. Looks like I'll be closing my account here.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you man. There is a bank with a coin counter that has about 6 branches near me, as of Sept 1 they are charging 5% for coin machine use (over $25) even if you are a customer. AND to top that off they told me today they will not accept rolled coins because they have the coin counter. Looks like I'll be closing my account here.

If its a counter behind the tellers they have to run, bring in $350 in pennies in a bunch of small jars August 31st 5 minutes before closing time :)

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
bblair said:

Ditto

OP
OP
PhattyB

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, went to the other branch today and same thing.. urghhh! I, no longer, have a local self-service machine.

I guess I have to up my volume of dime searching until I can figure out what to do about dumping halves. Surely they can't switch off the coin machine from taking Dimes, Nickels, and Pennies :happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread