OK if I ask 10 questions a day?

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid rolls. I realize that you may have learned on your own, but not everyone does. If you don't want to socialize then you can opt out of frequenting the boards. If you don't feel like answering a question than don't.

On to your questions:
OK if I ask 10 questions a day? Sure if that is all you have in you.
Especially ones that I could easily find the answers to by not being lazy and just reading old posts and the How To?? Absolutely, I may choose to not answer them though.
Seriously, would you guys mind if I did that?? Not at all.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people do not know how to research. Some young people don't even know where the library is since almost everything now is on the internet. Here is an example most young surveyors don't know how to use the old survey equiptment since now they use GPS. Give them a break it the way society is now days.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I've answered the same questions numerous times about pennies and Ryedales. And told people congrats more than once. So, although I don't answer ALL questions, I say sure. People can ask. AND they can look for answers on the pinned topic too, as BOTH will help them out. :-)

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
If this forum survived only by all of us going back to the same first few posts that were originally posted on here then it wouldn't grow. It is an open forum for us to continuously make new posts. If you don't want to answer them then don't

OP
OP
Solid Rolls

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The comment I made was not meant to be snide (I forgot to put the :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:'s in there).

But since we're on the subject.......
I lurked on here for a long long time. That is how I learned the best way to effectively CRH. I soaked up all the information on here.
I read the HOW TO posted at the top numerous times. I copied and pasted into a Word file the good stuff I knew that I would want to read again at some point.
I did the same for posts and threads that I knew I could use as a reference, and that was BEFORE the new site was launched with the great search options that are now available for EVERYONE!!
I still do it now when good information is shared on here.

Maybe it's just my nature to research everything fully before I ask for help. I like to hold onto useful information so I can reference it later.
I'm not advocating that everyone HAS to be this way, and I don't expect everyone to be this way. However, I can vouch that it has worked quite well for me in my CRH endeavors.
This site has an amazing amount of information available for EVERYONE. All it takes is a little tiny bit of effort to find it. That's the only point I was trying to make.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Happy Hunting to all!!

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for clarifying that Solid Rolls. Sorry to jump on you so quickly. So used to people being rude & snobby on here lately so it's always the first reaction to be defensive. Keep doing what you're doing!

OP
OP
Solid Rolls

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clarifying that Solid Rolls. Sorry to jump on you so quickly. So used to people being rude & snobby on here lately so it's always the first reaction to be defensive. Keep doing what you're doing!

No worries. I'm not the rude or snide type. Sarcastic, yes but rude, no. Thanks and happy hunting to you as well.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The comment I made was not meant to be snide (I forgot to put the :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:'s in there).

But since we're on the subject.......
I lurked on here for a long long time. That is how I learned the best way to effectively CRH. I soaked up all the information on here.
I read the HOW TO posted at the top numerous times. I copied and pasted into a Word file the good stuff I knew that I would want to read again at some point.
I did the same for posts and threads that I knew I could use as a reference, and that was BEFORE the new site was launched with the great search options that are now available for EVERYONE!!
I still do it now when good information is shared on here.

Maybe it's just my nature to research everything fully before I ask for help. I like to hold onto useful information so I can reference it later.
I'm not advocating that everyone HAS to be this way, and I don't expect everyone to be this way. However, I can vouch that it has worked quite well for me in my CRH endeavors.
This site has an amazing amount of information available for EVERYONE. All it takes is a little tiny bit of effort to find it. That's the only point I was trying to make.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Happy Hunting to all!!

you :censored: what do you think you're better than us???????

hahahaha HH

Last edited by a moderator:

clarknau

Jul 25, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember, just because someone asked a question doesn't mean they didn't search around first. There are so many posts even after a search that it can be difficult to find posts that are relevant. Just a view from a newbie that does search old posts first.

OP
OP
Solid Rolls

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, just because someone asked a question doesn't mean they didn't search around first. There are so many posts even after a search that it can be difficult to find posts that are relevant. Just a view from a newbie that does search old posts first.

Negative, I gotta respectfully disagree with you here.
The search bar up top brings up any and everything even remotely related to what you type into it.
Maybe you have to go thru 20 - 30 threads to find exactly what you are looking for, but it's there. Trust me.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the question again?

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to have to go with Solid Rolls on this subject. I mean the other day someone posted a coin and said they didn't know what country it was from but that it had 1987 on it. Since the symbols on the coin looked like it was from the orient I just went to google.com and typed in Chinese coin 1987. I switched to image view and within like 15 seconds I was able to find that it was in fact from China. How hard is that? It took me all of 30 seconds to find out a wee bit of info. When I first started do this I went online and absorbed as much info as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread