LOST wedding ring- Texas City(S. of Houston), Texas $100 reward and case of beer

Josh26

Aug 11, 2006
Hi guys. My name is Josh. I am from Atlanta Georgia but am currently in Houston Texas taking a short internship with a company for the summer. I've been married 4 years ago yesterday.

I love to fish, hike, hunt, camp, outdoors etc. A couple days ago, while visiting the Texas City Dike, I decided to practice throwing my fish cast net. To make sure and be safe with my wedding ring, since I lost my original one fishing, I decided to take it off and put it in my swimsuit pocket. Later that night, I went to pull it out and it was gone. Looked in my pocket and it had a small hole big enough for my ring to fall through. I must have lost it where I was throwing my net on the dike. The area I lost it in isn't in the sandy beach, it is actually in a grassy/bushy area on the east side of the road that borders the bay. I think it would be an easy find.

As a kid I always wanted a metal detector and finally got one when I was 10 (An old White's detector). I played around with it for a few weeks and lost interest in it after finding nothing. I've always wanted to get back into the hobby but haven't quite done it yet.

The reason I'm here is to ask a favor from the resident members. I've read through some of you guys' lost and found articles and you guys appear to be some very nice honest people and really love this hobby and take it to higher levels than I would've ever imagined. I need to find my wedding ring and don't have a way to do it. I just figured I'd ask around to see if anyone would be willing to give me a hand on a short notice. I leave back for Georgia Tech (Atlanta) on Tuesday morning. If I had the money, I would probably just either buy a nice detector or just replace the wedding ring, but as many of you might know many college students don't work or have a steady income. About all I could offer is a case of beer. Your help would be sincerely appreciated! :)

I can be reached at 770dash596dash7322removedashes.

OP
OP
J

Josh26

Aug 11, 2006
Re: LOST wedding ring- Texas City(S. of Houston), Texas $100 reward and case of

$100 reward and case of beer. Leaving Tuesday morning.

OP
OP
J

Josh26

Aug 11, 2006
Re: LOST wedding ring- Texas City(S. of Houston), Texas $100 reward and case of

Your choice of beer. This is my second wedding ring that i've lost unfortunately. Each time fishing. Thanks for the advice fleamistress!

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s
Let me know some details on this, as I live around this area and will give it a lick the next time I go there. A bit of advise a little late, never wear or take jewelry in or near water. Davy Jones is always waiting to take a piece 'er 2 fer his chest! GH

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
HEYJosh, I cruised the Dike today. Didnot see the grassy/brushy area. The County is dumping fill all down that side, and it may be too late. If you could fill us in on the exact location , it would help. I sent you a email last week , but no response . HH Gayle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats awesome! im glad you got your ring back! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread