Lots Oclad

BarberDan

May 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots O'clad

Haven't posted anything in a while, but had an unusual day today. Went MD'ing with my buddy James and hit a local park. I found what I believed to be a pocket spill, well.....for the next four hours we were digging up coin after coin. I dug 309 coins and he got another 148 .....all from a little 30 x 30 area. Did a couple of test swipes and was picking up coin signals for an additional 40 x 40 area. So the place is well stocked with newer coins....I have no idea how they all got there. It just doesn't make sense. There was no way to get them all today, so we will be going back tomorrow.
Below you will see my coins stacked....and then a picture with all of our coins together. Mine is the larger pile on the right. :laughing7:

On a side note, I did get two silvers last week. A 1964 Kennedy Half and a 1944 Merc.

Attachments

• Clad.jpg
    Clad.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 415
  • clad2.jpg
    clad2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 367
  • silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BarberDan

BarberDan

May 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lots O'clad

YEAH!! Not really sure how it happened. I think it might be where they scrape all the snow during the winter. The park is huge, lots of roads, so maybe that is where they all end up. There is a ton of them in there though...lol. I was literally just sitting on the ground with my Sun Ray Probe and scanning. Most were 1-2 inches in the ground, but also found quite a few on top.

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Re: Lots O'clad

Great Job on the clad. Many people pass it up, but by the end of the year I usually have a enough to purchase a nice coin or two. HH Art...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread