Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
Re: Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

I work a 9.5 mile (1046 addresses )walking route for the USPS.......

ry%3D480

..............see ya yardhunter

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Used to teach third and fourth grade, until I had the chance to be a full-time mom.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

Spent the 1st 20 ish years of my adult life as a self-taught engineer - what was termed "Power & Controls Engineer" (Power distribution, automation, man-machine interface, hydraulics, pneumatics, chilling systems, gas, infra-red & UV drying / curing systems, facilities power & lighting, yada yada yada) - designing, installing and commissioning control systems for an interesting variety of custom-built machinery mostly in the paper, film, foil & packaging industries, but also did some work in cereal manufacturing, lottery printing presses, and a few other areas, too. That path had me away from home almost as much as I was home.

The last 10-ish years have been spent working from a home shop building wood "stuff" for home & office (cabinetry locally, & shippable stuff via a website)

Pay ain't nearly as good, but it's nice to be home.

Diggem'

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

I play Bass guitar and lead vocals for the "Swinging Johnsons"! ;D

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Was going to turn golf pro but some how I ended up in the USAF for the next 5 years as a Crew Chief on the F-15... learned a little about computers in the Air force and I got out right before Dessert Shield. I always thought they would call me back but they never did... so I pursued computers and now I have my own computer business where I sell and fix computers for a living... I make my own hours pretty much and I can go hunting at any given time pretty much I have a pretty large customer base so I have always have some one I could ask if I could hunt their yard or land (old homesteads) I have been metal detecting since I was 10 started with one of those black radio shack detectors now I have the V3i... man the years sure have flown by!

Chukers

metalman709

Jan 5, 2011
georgia
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola

sheet metal fabricator from 92' to present day.....married the love of my life in 94' and we have two beautiful kids....found the other love of my life january 1st of this very year(dirt fishin) and i foresee a wonderful future with all!!!! :headbang:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

18 years in the military. Navy,USNR, and now Air Force. Pays the bills but it seems your never home...

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am a lobsterman born and raised. Plowed roads for 13 years this will be my first winter not doing that. Gotta say I dont think I'll miss is one bit.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1966.1970 2 years in McHales Navy as a diver on a salvage ship last 2 on the JFK,25 years as a sheet metal worker been a semi professional poker player for the last 15 years and work 1 day a month for the State proctoring the Journey sheet metal license exam

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

married with 3 great kids, usmc, mechanic, heavy equip operator/mechanic, welder then ship hull welder now QA inspector of welding, paint at a shipyard building the Lockheed Martin LCS ships, kind of layed off the detecting the last couple years but will be hitting it hard come summer

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other

I own a boat shop and build custom wooden boats. Not married, no kids, just me and my 18yo dog Molly.

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.

Have done many things, but I retired as a Professional Photographer. The last I did was write for Treasure magizine, where I did the monthly Foto Fax column, & some of the cover Photos. Also some of the stories. This was in 1990 & 1991. Just detect, hunt, fish, kayak and ride my four wheeler now.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I work as a Realtor (Real Estate Agent) in PA and work for a retail company (Ollie's) also.

Nothing like hunting a property and if anyone says anything you pull out your business card (I work for the largest realty company in my county) and they just say 'oh, OK, your a real estate agent here'....LOL

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm a Carman, for Norfolk and Southern Railroad!

Attachments

• NS 710  RP-E4C Locomotive Engine Norfolk Southern Railroad, Macon Georgia Brosnan Rail Yards.JPG
    NS 710 RP-E4C Locomotive Engine Norfolk Southern Railroad, Macon Georgia Brosnan Rail Yards.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 813

Sonnydigs

Jan 5, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

John-Edmonton said:
It's always nice to hear about you, other then you swing an ACE, AT Pro, water machine , gold machine etc. Sometimes what you do or did for a living can be a real asset to some issues on the forum. And, it would just be interesting to see the broad spectrum of careers which may have triggered a desire to metal detect. :icon_sunny:

Retired Archaeologist..

digsomemore

Oct 12, 2011
south carolina
Detector(s) used
White's classic SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Well was a carpenter helper when first got out of school then got a job in manufacturing (steel worker) making water heater for 26 year now. marride for 19 yearswe have two girls 17 and 7( crazy lol) and i stink at the computer still trying. one md white's sl yep just one for 7 years and two dogs. and here we are now with yall :hello:

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My actual title is hard to explain but I'm a consultant working on the human G-nome project for the imperial queen master on my home planet. But I was laid off.

But in the mean time I'm a web developer/Programmer but don't tell "THEM"

saxon6732

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Computer Network Manager, then Computer Programmer for a major software company. This allowed me to retire at the early age of 36. Now I have many hobbies: sweepstaking, travel, collect sports memorabilia, and now I'm gonna add metal detecting to the list. AT Pro is arriving today from KellyCo.

Matt C

Jan 18, 2012
Waco tx
Detector(s) used
Ex cal 2 800 ,Garrett AT PRO,Garret ACE 250 [kiddos] ,Tesoro Tejan mine lab excal 2 1000 , mine lab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I work for city of waco tx parks an rec for 15 yrs .Was in army during cold war saw wall fall at 1000 yrds .Divorced an have a daughter that likes to go hunt with me .Do event staff for some baylor football games an the extraco event center for 12 yrs .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread