Louie The Lip Half

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Odd title, I know...but Odd 'marked' half. Got this in my two boxes I searched Saturday. Also got this other half that I think is some kind of error, but not sure. Any thoughts on it? It's been almost smoothed over but Kennedy's ear and the first half of the date. Seems there is extra metal that was on the planchet when it was made. Not sure if that theory would make sense though.

BTW, the silver is REALLY drying up here for me. These two boxes yielded 2 40%s which is about where I'm averaging. I was getting 2 boxes ordered at a time, one dated May 24 07 and the other undated. The undated ones have all been skunks, but the May 24th's have been yielding a few 40s, 90s and a Ben/walker every 6 boxes or so I would guess. However these two boxes were slightly different, with one skunk undated box, and the other one dated July 17th 2007 which had the 2 40%s in it. I feel like I'm swimming through a pool of clad looking for a few keepers here and there.

Picture125.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those coins a while back and have been holding on to it. I have posted a picture of it below. Tim just found one like it a couple of days ago as well. I copied his post below as well. It has that bowling pin (for lack of better description) shape to it. I am not sure what causes this but the three of these all look similar.

I hope your boxes start getting better DD. All we can do is keep plugging away......good luck on the next ones.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99339.0.html

Attachments

• P7010019.jpg
    P7010019.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 230

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
lejeuene said:
I found one of those coins a while back and have been holding on to it. I have posted a picture of it below. Tim just found one like it a couple of days ago as well. I copied his post below as well. It has that bowling pin (for lack of better description) shape to it. I am not sure what causes this but the three of these all look similar.

I hope your boxes start getting better DD. All we can do is keep plugging away......good luck on the next ones.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99339.0.html
thats a grease filled die and worth face value. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread