Louisville area new and eager

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cherokee park? Fairgrounds? Lots of historical areas in Louisville. Would recommend look at the hybrid view of google maps to get an idea of how much ground Louisville has :) I haven't detected over there (I work in Louisville), but Louisville is rich in history. Maybe a trip to the Library?

pedroliveira

Feb 16, 2010
Louisville,Ky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well there are multiple areas you can dig up. Basically anywhere from the river till magnolia is pretty old ground. Central park would be huge I think. But with a police station right there and all the people around it would be hard. Also there's an empty lot a couple blocks towards downtown from central park. I just saw a guy metal detecting there last weekend. Right in the middle
Of town.

Also all the parks and trails are at least from the 1930's so I'm sure there are some goodies buried there... (I'm talking Cherokee park etc)

But heck yeah Louisville should be great

kycoinseeker

Oct 29, 2012
louisville, ky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, V3i, fisher 1235X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louisville is a great place BUT you can not hunt in any parks. We have been fighting the city and parks department over this for a couple years. So becareful where you go hunting at

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread