Lovin this AT Pro!!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought An Ace 350 after Christmas, got to use it for about 20 hours during a brief Jan. thaw. I liked it, but knew I was hooked, and needed (or wanted) more detector. I only have about 30 hours on the Pro, all in Pro mode, and this thing makes a rookie, look like they know what they are doing. More depth than I want to dig sometimes, found lots of coins, including silver! It's gonna be a great spring and Summer. If your on the fence about what to buy, this is it.:icon_thumright:

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the ATP is serving you well too, so far. Congrats on the finds and wish you continued luck. Now, you got a backup MD for friends and family. HH

Jay

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding cooper1841!

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen brother! I have only been out with my At Pro twice and managed to get some deeeep Wheaties out of some "hunted out" spots. Today on my second outing I hit a nice 10K gold ring. With all the Garrett videos and the info available on the internet and forums, this thing has been easy to set up and get the hang of. I was really surprised how well I am able to pinpoint with it.

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen brother! I have only been out with my At Pro twice and managed to get some deeeep Wheaties out of some "hunted out" spots. Today on my second outing I hit a nice 10K gold ring. With all the Garrett videos and the info available on the internet and forums, this thing has been easy to set up and get the hang of. I was really surprised how well I am able to pinpoint with it.

I got my ATP out today for the first real time. It was WAY beyond what I expected out of it. I hit two tot lots here on Ft Riley and found 3,58 in clad. I went to another place that I had hunted before with my Gold Stinger and picked up another 1.53. I am thoroughly impressed so far! I gotta call Bart with Big Boy Hobbies and order the Pro pointer. I can't speak highly enough of this machine. I can't wait to get on the beach in May!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ours Screams On little Silver, Cant wait to Hit the Gold Stuff With it!!! Chug and Red

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:I learned a new one this morning (after reading dig every target) and that lessson is to dig every target! My Nickle count went up by 500% as of this morning. Nickles don't make the pretty bell tone like the rest do.:icon_scratch:

So the moral is; DIG EVERY TARGET!!!

Dave

jaybirdhgr

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:I learned a new one this morning (after reading dig every target) and that lessson is to dig every target! My Nickle count went up by 500% as of this morning. Nickles don't make the pretty bell tone like the rest do.:icon_scratch:

Dave

Others have already mentioned it, but for me as well, nickels show between 51-53. If it's in that range then it's a nickel, has been every time. So far 50 or 54 is something else. I know because I've dug them.

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Others have already mentioned it, but for me as well, nickels show between 51-53. If it's in that range then it's a nickel, has been every time. So far 50 or 54 is something else. I know because I've dug them.

Yeah I learned my lesson this morning! But on the bright side I get to go retrace my steps

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you really mean "every" target or just the ones with a solid VDI 48/50 and above?

Dave

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No gold yet, but there are a lot of different pull tabs. I have had them in the normal range, up as high as the low 60's, and the whole time digging telling myself "Theres no way this is a pull tab"! Still love this machine, no matter how many pull tabs I dig :icon_thumright:

Doc-USN(Ret)

Feb 24, 2013
Lexington, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to hear you are lovin' that AT Pro. I just ordered one Friday night and can't wait to get it in. I have read lots of great things about it. Good luck and HH.

Doc

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you really mean "every" target or just the ones with a solid VDI 48/50 and above?

Well yes as a matter of fact I will dig all of the tones except the Iron tones. Apparently; rings, nickles and foil all make the same tones. I don't stare at the display until I hit a target. As for the VDI I know now that 51-53 are nickles nearly every time. I have read, read and read some more that for a beginner it's good to dig them all until you're aquainted enough with the machine to know what you're doing. Right now I think I am at the point of knowing enough to be dangerous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions