Loving This Cortes

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't beat Tesoro's lifetime guarantee and they do make really good products. I know a lot of folks very happy with their Tesoros. Glad you are enjoying yours!

I am just waiting for my dealer to get a used Cortes back from the factory so I can purchase it. I can't wait to get it, and when I do, and if spring ever gets here I will give a first impression. Not that I am an expert ,but Ive owned a few detectors, but never a Tesoro.
Think spring,
JimK

Hey Shane, I know that you graduated from the school of Deleon, what is the biggest advantage for you, that the Cortez has over the Deleon?

jharhed said:
Hey Shane, I know that you graduated from the school of Deleon, what is the biggest advantage for you, that the Cortez has over the Deleon?

Manual GB, and I love the sum feature. When I get what I think is a good target I thumb the spring loaded switch over into sum and it's then a multi tone. I'm getting really accustomed to the different tones and what they are confirming. I pay attention more to the sounds than the numbers. I have found many more nickels with the Cortes, not so much because of the detector as I am digging more in the nickel range. It can say it's a nickel on the number but in sum it will give a distinct tone for nickel vs pull tab. On the Deleon I had 44 was always a nickel, on this machine it's almost always a 39. Makes me wonder if each were just tuned a bit different?

Keep posting your discoveries and what you learn about the Cortes, Shane. I can only practice with mine in the basement until the snow is gone here. I did try yesterday to figure out where Indian Head pennies fell because there's a lot where I hunted last fall, looks like upper 60's, between 64 and 68 mostly.

My very 1st metal detector was a Tesoro Golden Sabre plus with the metal box. Bought that in 1989 and used that baby to find MANY great things. Although i do use a Minelab most of the time i still go back to "Ole Trusty" every now and then.

I did buy my dad a Cortes' and he loves it also. His first detector was also a Tesoro Golden Sabre II. Which is also still kicking today..

You really cant beat Tesoro's warranty program. Even after 20 years with my GS+ they still tune it, calibrate it and send it back within weeks. Love that Tesoro...

I have so far only had a chance to use mine for and hour but I am real happy with it and just got a 5.75" coil for my Birthday still can't wait to use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back