low premium silver options to take advantage of the decline in market price.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]Streamlined Perth Mint Production Keeping Silver Premiums Low?[/h]
Untitledopujop.jpg

According to a post on their blog, the Perth Mint has streamlined their silver bullion coin production amidst a surge in demand. The result is focused production on three options and a temporary suspension for the remaining options.

As has been widely reported, premiums have soared for many silver bullion options, negating the impact of the fall in market prices. For example, premiums for American Silver Eagles have been as high as $6 or $7 over spot, which puts the price per ounce back over $30. Even traditionally low premium options such as bulk quantity 90% U.S. silver coins have seen premiums soar.

1 kilo Silver Koala and 1 kilo Silver Kookaburra coins priced as low as $1.59 over spot. This was cheaper per ounce than basically all other government minted silver bullion products and even cheaper per ounce than 100 ounce silver bars from the same dealer.

Streamlined Perth Mint Production Keeping Silver Premiums Low? ? World Mint News Blog

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a great series...made by a well established facility. Still based on the gram weight, I'm surprised they don't round to Troy oz. Low premium silver of any kind in short supply worldwide, even in South America where silver (and copper) production hit record levels this year. I don't see any letup in premiums this year, most mining companies sell to the spot market which shows no signs of a strong price advance, this might keep supplies tight and in line with lower? industrial consumption. As far as US junk silver...most of it seems to be in strong hands, and they ain't making any more of it.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
They are a great series...made by a well established facility. Still based on the gram weight, I'm surprised they don't round to Troy oz. Low premium silver of any kind in short supply worldwide, even in South America where silver (and copper) production hit record levels this year. I don't see any letup in premiums this year, most mining companies sell to the spot market which shows no signs of a strong price advance, this might keep supplies tight and in line with lower? industrial consumption. As far as US junk silver...most of it seems to be in strong hands, and they ain't making any more of it.

If they changed the weight on them, then they wouldn't be a Kilo anymore. :icon_scratch: LOL!

Jim

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a couple of those this past weekend. Wouldn't mind having one or two just to look at. That is one fine well struck round.

hannahgodfrey

Apr 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The premiums on silver bullion coins have been like drizzle on a bright sunny afternoon…..

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
The premiums on silver bullion coins have been like drizzle on a bright sunny afternoon…..

What you are seeing is the "real" price of silver, not the BS paper price. They can push the paper price to whatever level they want it seems. Try going out and buying some real physical for that price and you quickly learn what the real price of silver is.

As much as I want lower prices and available silver to add to my collection, a part of me hopes the break in physical and paper prices comes very soon.

I look forward to hearing TreasurePirate admit he was WRONG!!! :laughing7: :occasion14:

Jim

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are seeing is the "real" price of silver, not the BS paper price. They can push the paper price to whatever level they want it seems. Try going out and buying some real physical for that price and you quickly learn what the real price of silver is.

As much as I want lower prices and available silver to add to my collection, a part of me hopes the break in physical and paper prices comes very soon.

I look forward to hearing TreasurePirate admit he was WRONG!!! :laughing7: :occasion14:

Jim

And I will have no problem admitting that I was wrong if/when that time comes. :tongue3: But if I'm right...... oooooooh, look out! You won't hear the end of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread