What did we learn today?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I freely admit that I don't have a clue. I think it is a 50/50 coin flip whether or not it is going to go up or down. My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. Nothing. I guess we'll see in two years whether or not my $16 silver and $900 gold is right or not. If not, I won't try to hind behind conspiracy theories and such. I'll freely admit that I was wrong.

Don't forget though.... "one day does not a trend make". It could go up, down, or stay the same tomorrow. In know, thought provoking stuff right? :tongue3:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, it wouldn't surprise me at all for it to go back up to $25+ for a month or two. I never expected it to drop this far this fast anyway. The trend is lower highs and lower lows. If it goes back up to $25+ that is just about right for another "lower high".

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've learned that their are no deals out there and the Premiums are going higher and they will probably stay there even if the spot rises.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Lost,

In a sense I agree. Nobody knows exactly where PMs are headed in the short to mid term. I used to blindly believe what most of the bullish pundits said like it was gospel. But part of that is because I agree with most of them in the sense that silver and gold will be much higher in the future, etc. What bugged me though was most of them never made any room for the possibility we would get the correction we are now experiencing. I woke up to this late last year.

The best thing to do is come to your own conclusions. Also, looking at FACTS is hugely important. Opinions can deceive but facts are facts. A person making an argument one way or the other can put their spin on why a particular fact is the way it is, but that is opinion.

Now for my opinion, what I see shows that someday there will be a coming paper market crash of epic proportions. I mean stocks, some gov/muni bonds, and the other derivatives. This could happen next year or in 20 years. I don't know.

To those that may say I am fear mongering or delusional I say give me reasons I am wrong. Maybe the fed can keep doing QE and our gov can operate running on Trillion dollar deficits each year forever and ever. We can run our national debt to $20 Trillion at least before the next pres. election. We have record unemployment and number of citizens (and non citizens probably) on food stamps in this country according to gov statistics (OK a few facts in here). Where is the bright light on the horizon? If anyone knows please tell me what it is? PS Hope and prayer don't count, even though both may be helpful in some way or another.

Anyway, when things do go south, sort of like what happened in 2008 but on steroids, all assets will suffer including gold and silver if we are still on the paper price system like today. But out of the financial rubble will be a demand for physical, valuable objects that cannot be created out of thin air like all paper assets. Gold, silver, other PMs, property, artwork, guns, ammo, etc, etc. will be in demand by those with the ability to pay. If you are not holding any PMs when that day comes it will be too late.

On a lighter note, it is also totally possible that the alleged silver manipulators can one day decide to make some easy $$$$ letting silver rise by going long themselves and then try to cap it and bring it back down at some point like maybe $50. This scenario is more likely if the above financial breakdown scenario doesn't happen or maybe before it happens. I believe we will see scenario 2 happen later this year. They will let it rise to 50 or so again. What happens after that I don't know.

I don't believe the paper shorters will let it go too low because that would cause too much demand for physical. Look at the demand now from this last smack down not only here but in many other countires like China, India, Japan, US, etc. They push it to $20 and you will see physical demand really skyrocket. It is much easier for the alleged manipulators to simply move it up and down within some range at their whim. But that means they gotta let it go up sometimes too.

Jim

Last edited:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost,

In a sense I agree. Nobody knows exactly where PMs are headed in the short to mid term. I used to blindly believe what most of the bullish pundits said like it was gospel. But part of that is because I agree with most of them in the sense that silver and gold will be much higher in the future, etc. What bugged me though was most of them never made any room for the possibility we would get the correction we are now experiencing. I woke up to this late last year.

The best thing to do is come to your own conclusions. Also, looking at FACTS is hugely important. Opinions can deceive but facts are facts. A person making an argument one way or the other can put their spin on why a particular fact is the way it is, but that is opinion.

Now for my opinion, what I see shows that someday there will be a coming paper market crash of epic proportions. I mean stocks, some gov/muni bonds, and the other derivatives. This could happen next year or in 20 years. I don't know.

To those that may say I am fear mongering or delusional I say give me reasons I am wrong. Maybe the fed can keep doing QE and our gov can operate running on Trillion dollar deficits each year forever and ever. We can run our national debt to $20 Trillion at least before the next pres. election. We have record unemployment and number of citizens (and non citizens probably) on food stamps in this country according to gov statistics (OK a few facts in here). Where is the bright light on the horizon? If anyone knows please tell me what it is? PS Hope and prayer don't count, even though both may be helpful in some way or another.

Anyway, when things do go south, sort of like what happened in 2008 but on steroids, all assets will suffer including gold and silver if we are still on the paper price system like today. But out of the financial rubble will be a demand for physical, valuable objects that cannot be created out of thin air like all paper assets. Gold, silver, other PMs, property, artwork, guns, ammo, etc, etc. will be in demand by those with the ability to pay. If you are not holding any PMs when that day comes it will be too late.

On a lighter note, it is also totally possible that the alleged silver manipulators can one day decide to make some easy $$$$ letting silver rise by going long themselves and then try to cap it and bring it back down at some point like maybe $50. This scenario is more likely if the above financial breakdown scenario doesn't happen or maybe before it happens. I believe we will see scenario 2 happen later this year. They will let it rise to 50 or so again. What happens after that I don't know.

I don't believe the paper shorters will let it go too low because that would cause too much demand for physical. Look at the demand now from this last smack down not only here but in many other countires like China, India, Japan, US, etc. They push it to $20 and you will see physical demand really skyrocket. It is much easier for the alleged manipulators to simply move it up and down within some range at their whim. But that means they gotta let it go up sometimes too.

Jim

well said, especially about differentiating facts and opinions. Overall Im right there with you, but I have one consideration. technically silver is not a fixed commodity and can be created, we are mining a lot of copper right now and all silver production is a byproduct of copper mining. Now, that being said, I don't know the numbers, but I've heard we are still mining a considerable amount of silver.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I don't disagree with anything you said. The most important point you make is "This could happen next year or in 20 years." Sort term I am bearish on silver but long term I am holding PM's for the very reasons you describe.

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just on a gut feeling, I lean towards TP opinion. I expect (wild guess) silver will settle in around 16 but feel like gold will bounce around the 1200 for the rest of 2013. Why? I don't know. Just a feeling. But, then again I thought silver would hang around 27 for a few more months before starting a slow drop through the summer.

M45 is right. There is a huge disconnect between the price of spot silver and the real world price of buying real, hold in your hand silver. Slumming around the net shows any where from 6 to 11 bucks above spot for a ASE. The Freedom Girl on ebay is offered between 59.95 and 125.00 for one round. A real disconnect all across the market. Would guess the real public buying spot of silver right now is between 26 and 28 for anything other than a plain piece of silver. Maybe if spot goes to 16, we can buy at 20 to 22. And of course, sell at 12. PM Commodities is a ***** to get a handle on.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell Lost I'll sell you a Freedom Girl for less than that. How about $50 shipped Lol

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already have a tube on order from Providence. So far they are showing payment confirmed. No shipping date yet. Showed they were in stock when I ordered.

Do you have the first two in their series? Death, and something else. Want to get rid of the two rounds? For a "reasonable" price?

Stymie

Greenie
Jan 12, 2012
Niagara
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Put a straight edge following the angle of the 10 year silver price.
By my reckoning silver should be $30-$35oz.

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stymie, a lot of the pundits who write over on Kitco and Silverdoc's are agreeing with your $30-$35oz. Charts have always been a bugger for me to follow.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost I only have 4 Debt and Death and 8 Trivium's and about a half dozen Trivium Proofs. Also have 10 of the Members Only Double Reverse Proofs all of which I'm holding on to. They are going to get rarer as soon as they run out on ebay. I do have an extra roll of BU Slave Queen's that I have on ebay for $850.00 but sell to you for $700.00. Lol

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Charlie, but I'll pass on the Slave Queens. I'm sure they are worth the asking price. I have five SQ's already and a tube of Freedom Girls on order. From what is posted on other coin web sites, it looks like I'll have to start sending e-mails and phone calls to get Provident to ship. I'm sure they are backed up and may need a little push to get my small order shipped.

While here, I see May 1st being mentioned a lot over on the Doc's place. I've scanned the post's but don't understand what is suppose to happen on May 1st. Do you get it?

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Charlie, but I'll pass on the Slave Queens. I'm sure they are worth the asking price. I have five SQ's already and a tube of Freedom Girls on order. From what is posted on other coin web sites, it looks like I'll have to start sending e-mails and phone calls to get Provident to ship. I'm sure they are backed up and may need a little push to get my small order shipped.

While here, I see May 1st being mentioned a lot over on the Doc's place. I've scanned the post's but don't understand what is suppose to happen on May 1st. Do you get it?

May 1st is fight back day for the Silver Stackers. On May 1st their asking (meaning Dealers and Stackers) To fight against the Banks by buying Silver on the 1st to let them know we are still around and Buying. That's my understanding off it but there is something else happening on May 1st also, I forget what that was. Lol

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some more info Lost:

@Marchas45: Go to Sound Money Campain to sign up and get the list of dealers who are taking part in this. On May 1st silver buyers will be having a coordinated buy just as the banks had a coordinated smack down. In short, WE ARE FIGHTING BACK! Instead of stackers/investers always buying silver independently, we are going to start raiding the silver markets in tandem, in coordinated and consentrated attacks on certain dates. The first time will be May Day 2013. 4 oz posted this video last week. I have been spreading the word to everyone I know. I sold my wood shop to get extra cash for May 1st. We can still buy on our own of course, but on certain days we will buy together, globally. Here is the video on Youtube.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost, I have a small order from provident that was supposed to be in stock when I ordered it on the 15th. The status was "payment confirmed" untill friday. Now it says "processing". I was planning on calling monday, but I'll hold off a little longer and see if they ship it this week.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skeeter, months ago when I purchased from provident it happened the same way to me... I think processing lasted maybe 1 day before order was marked shipped.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting shipment from provident for items orders april 7th....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread