Lower rods for CZ detectors.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the process of looking for a 5 inch coil for my CZ70 Pro. I was wondering if I can purchase any old CZ lower rod to mount it on or do I need the lower rod specific to my model?

I was going to trade this detector off this winter, but I decided to keep it. Best detector I ever swung. Struggles in iron but I was tol dthe 5 inch coil helps with that a lot.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in the process of looking for a 5 inch coil for my CZ70 Pro. I was wondering if I can purchase any old CZ lower rod to mount it on or do I need the lower rod specific to my model?

I was going to trade this detector off this winter, but I decided to keep it. Best detector I ever swung. Struggles in iron but I was tol dthe 5 inch coil helps with that a lot.

I am not sure about a CZ-70, but I checked the lower rod on my CZ-3D and I was able to fit a White's lower rod to it, but the spring was coming out the sides verses the bottom of the rod like the Fisher one. It would be simple to drill another hole to facilitate turning the spring 90 degrees. The plastic bolt on the White's is a larger diameter though. More than likely most the lower rods, except for Minelab will work, but most of the springs are on the sides verses down. I looked further and I think all the Fisher rods are universal fit for each model. I have a CZ-70 coming in, but not here at this time to make a definite comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread