warranty with upgrade or not ?

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I purchased my F75 SE this month last year from Big Boys Hobbies. I'm going to send it in for the upgrade and wanted to ask your thoughts on the extended warranty. I had to send it in once before right after I got it for warranty repair. 5 yr warranty it came with seems pretty good already, but they only offer the extended warranty with the upgrade. Appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks, David

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a rule I don't get extended warranties. If you need it once it may pay for itself - but if you get them for everything you buy you're probably way in the hole.

Years ago I had one (with a rustproofing firm - not Fisher) and, when I submitted for a claim, they sent me my money back. The fine print said it was their choice. Never again.

OP
OP
A

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Charlie, I really appreciate your thoughts on this matter. I sent my F 75 LTD in today for the upgrade.
Thanks, David

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the 3 year extended warranty is $99. I would think that if you use it a lot then it may be worth it @$33 a year just for the peace of mind. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new F75LTD 2.
How do you like your F75 David? Did you have much of a problem with the EMI issue? Any info you can give me on your experience would be appreciated.
Steve

OP
OP
A

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Steve,
Its a real easy and deep searching machine. Overhead electric wire's would drive me nuts and sensitivity had to be dropped down a bit. After a while, you start getting use to the noise, but it didn't happen a lot.
I am by no means an expert on this machine, still a rookie.
The upgrade seems too good to pass up. I probably made a mistake, but I went ahead and extended my warranty for 3 more years.
I hope I never have to use it , but with my luck???

When I first got this machine, I had to send it back. When the coil would touch anything, ( high grass, twigs etc.) the screen would peek at 99 and I would have to wait a few seconds for it to clear. Happened all the time.
I sent it in and they replaced the coil connector. So far, so good.
David

Last edited:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David, Thank you very much for the response!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new F75 SE and there is no EMI anymore.... none.... awesome...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread