Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~rwizard~
To tell you the truth, I thought somebody would come forth and presented some sort of a theory in an effort to explain how a LRL is supposed to work.
Why should we put forth a theory?...I have found Gold with 7 different LRL’s or MFD’s...If I can find gold with 7 different Treasure Hunting LRL’s and MFD’s there is no need for a Philosophy based study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language based theory. The only general and fundamental problem I see is a group of people who will not let treasure hunters discuss these devices on a Treasure Hunting forum...Art
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory
For other uses, see Theory (disambiguation).
Originally the word theory as it is used in English is a technical term from Ancient Greek philosophy. It is derived from theoria, θεωρία, meaning "a looking at, viewing, beholding", and refers to contemplation or speculation, as opposed to action.[1] Theory is especially often contrasted to "practice" (from Greek praxis, πρᾶξις) an Aristotelian concept which is used in a broad way to refer to any activity done for the sake of action, in contrast with theory, which does need an aim which is an action. By extension of the philosophical meaning, "theoria" is also a word still used in theological contexts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[1][2] It is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.[3] The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek φιλοσοφία (philosophia), which literally means "love of wisdom".[

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
As for truth, it was said that Man will never fly, we will never be able to go into outer space, anything heavier than water will not float. Just a few of truths that were not truths afterall. The only thing I can't give you is proof.
I could tell you all about these LRL 's and how they are supposed to work. I could also tell you how any metal detector works. If theory is all you want, then I suggest you buy a book that expalins it. I am not saying you all are not educated, just the opposite. I respect anyone who has gone through colledge and gotten a degree, and have many close friends who have BS, EE, and various other degrees. But having a specialized degree in one subject does not constitute knowing anything about another one. The ones who first discovered the secret, designed a device to work with it and have maintained that secret up until now. I don't know how they would react if they found out I was revealing their secret. All I need to do is establish how much you know before revealing their operation, thus the questions I need to ask pertain to earth sciences. Here is the first.Does the earth have a polarity,if so what is is it? rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~rockhound~
I don't know how they would react if they found out I was revealing their secret. All I need to do is establish how much you know before revealing their operation, thus the questions I need to ask pertain to earth sciences. Here is the first.Does the earth have a polarity,if so what is is it? Rockhound
Hey rockhound..Do you think that they really want to discuss something that they don’t belief in?..In 1998 or 1999 I drove to Minden NV. I went into the manufactures garage and looked at his device..We went into his backyard and I used it. I bought it and headed home. On the way home I stopped on an inside bend in the South Fork of the American River..In less than two hours the device paid for its self.
Do I know how this devices works?..Heck no...They claim that MFD’s with Frequency generators do not produce a signal..I guess Carl does not agree with them..
Re: MFD FREQUENCY
Reply To This Topic #18 Posted Jan 03, 2010, 05:50:56 PM
Sorry, Bill, I'm not trying to be funny. Each and every frequency I've posted thus far were taken from an actual LRL. I didn't make them up! These were all MFD-style units, all set to "Gold", all measured with a precision frequency counter. I can post more if you want me to.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
rockhound said:
I know it has been done many times before, but I will play along. First, a DC signal is coverted into an AC signal, it is transmitted through a coil of wire at whichever frequency a certain manufacturer uses as their own. Also there is another coil of wire in the coil, which acts as a pickup coil to recieve signals. The coils are balanced, so when a metal object unbalances the coils, they create eddy currents, whcih sends a signal to the electronics, which then is converted to sound. This is a simple analogy, I don't need to get more technical, I didn't want to get into time delay and discrimination and all the other features which only add to a detectors ease of use. I have built a couple and repaired many. They work on a real simple principle and were designed back in the 1850's. Since you should already know this, why would you want to go over this again. I thought you wanted to know how LRL's work. They work on an entirely different principle. So, you don't really care how they work. rockhound

Rocky---

Your explanation of how metal detectors work, is just as goofy as your explanation of your experience with flux capacitors.

And no, I don't want your explanation of how imaginary devices "work."

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I am glad you liked it. I found out what I wanted to know. Art, you nailed it. They keep asking for answers, then when one is ready to be revealed, they don't want any part of it. I think I will go dig up some treasure. I am out of here. rockhound

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
rockhound said:
I am glad you liked it. I found out what I wanted to know. Art, you nailed it. They keep asking for answers, then when one is ready to be revealed, they don't want any part of it. I think I will go dig up some treasure. I am out of here. rockhound

Your analysis of our position is entirely wrong.

Although we ask some questions from time-to-time, it's mainly to see if the LRL promoters on here have any kind of explanations besides BS. It turns out they don't.

We also inform the LRL promoters that they need to provide some proof, if they want to be believed. And on that, it turns out that they don't have one single iota. They only have insults and their ongoing gibberish and tall tales. So who's fault is that?

:dontknow:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
We also inform the LRL promoters that they need to provide some proof, if they want to be believed. And on that, it turns out that they don't have one single iota. They only have insults and their ongoing gibberish and tall tales. So who's fault is that?
WE have EE..but since you chose to ignore the proof you will get none.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 357
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 358

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
No, I think if it is not chaotic, then you must induce malice in order to instigate a response. When you do get one, you take offense because it wasn't what you expected. I was genuinely going to reveal something, if I had had some cooperation, since I didn't get any I won't reveal anything. All those I want to know, I can send a PM. I don't need to bradcast it on the internet. I had intended to take this thread out of the comedy section and actually add some value to thread. I must have had a brain fart to think it could happen. Anyway, back to the comedy section it goes. Art, I am finally seeing why people have almost quit responding to these threads. I for one say we should just let them die as nothing more needs to be said. I may start a new thread in another section and disguise it so it won't be sabotaged. After these dry up I may visit again, just to see if it is the same old dog and pony show. There is another website with a forum for dowsers and LRL users alike, you can join in and not be harrassed by those who don't use them, but think they know how they work. Good Luck. rockhound

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
WE have EE..but since you chose to ignore the proof you will get none.

There has never been any proof to ignore.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't be a doof---show the proof! And quit complaining about the truth, the facts, and reality!

P.S. When will you man-up and take Carl's double-blind test, and collect the $25,000.00?
ref: Are LRLs More Than Just Dowsing?

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
rockhound said:
No, I think if it is not chaotic, then you must induce malice in order to instigate a response. When you do get one, you take offense because it wasn't what you expected. I was genuinely going to reveal something, if I had had some cooperation, since I didn't get any I won't reveal anything. All those I want to know, I can send a PM. I don't need to bradcast it on the internet. I had intended to take this thread out of the comedy section and actually add some value to thread. I must have had a brain fart to think it could happen. Anyway, back to the comedy section it goes. Art, I am finally seeing why people have almost quit responding to these threads. I for one say we should just let them die as nothing more needs to be said. I may start a new thread in another section and disguise it so it won't be sabotaged. After these dry up I may visit again, just to see if it is the same old dog and pony show. There is another website with a forum for dowsers and LRL users alike, you can join in and not be harrassed by those who don't use them, but think they know how they work. Good Luck. rockhound

I think a couple of people on here have stated that LRL belief was like a religion.

Kind of a, "Believe in me, and follow me like good little boys and girls, and I will reveal the great mysteries to you," sort of thing.

Well, waddiya know! That's what you just said!

Gosh, what a coincidence!

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.
"The level of sanity or insanity of the subject matter, determines the level of sanity or insanity of the two-way communication attainable in any discussion."

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
The only thing is, I don't have a dog in this fight. I neither build or sell these units. Furthermore, I could care less who buys one or not. You are correct in that some people are just gullible, with that I will agree. Others fanaticize about digging up a treasure chest and search for ways to fulfill their fantasy. Then there are those, much like most on here. They have taken a chance, experimented and used theirs to determine how it works. Maybe many hours were spent before they finally realized what it was doing. The explainations in most brochures of LRL and metal detectors are very limilted. It took me several days to get comfortable using a handheld metal detector. I used every setting on the thing to try and determine the best operating procedure for the conditions I hunted in. This was back in the late 70s, when detectors were not that advanced. Most good detectorist spend years with their machines to get advantage over those who occassionally hunt. In this world of diminshing areas and especially good or virgin areas, you had better be able to find most of the good stuff before someone finds your new territory. There is plenty of competition out there. The same can't be said about LRL users, or dowsers. We don't have the competition because no handheld metal detector will find an object deeper than about 3 feet, max. Also we are not looking for random lost items, but instead we are looking for caches, mines, seams, and outcroppings. I have built many dowsing rods, but have never built an LRL myself, but am in the process of finding the materials to do so. Good Luck. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You correct rockhound about the instructions..They are poor..After using this equipment for close to 12 years I an still learning new stuff yearly. Right now I am working with a gold frequency that was sent in a PM...I am also working on an experiment sent to me by LT that has improved the swing of the Ranger tell...I can search more land in a few hours than a conventional metal dectector can in a whole live time...Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
You correct rockhound about the instructions..They are poor..After using this equipment for close to 12 years I an still learning new stuff yearly. Right now I am working with a gold frequency that was sent in a PM...I am also working on an experiment sent to me by LT that has improved the swing of the Ranger tell...I can search more land in a few hours than a conventional metal dectector can in a whole live time...Art

Art---

What does that have to do with the topic and OP? You seem to be on the wrong thread.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
rockhound said:
The only thing is, I don't have a dog in this fight. I neither build or sell these units. Furthermore, I could care less who buys one or not. You are correct in that some people are just gullible, with that I will agree. Others fanaticize about digging up a treasure chest and search for ways to fulfill their fantasy. Then there are those, much like most on here. They have taken a chance, experimented and used theirs to determine how it works. Maybe many hours were spent before they finally realized what it was doing. The explainations in most brochures of LRL and metal detectors are very limilted. It took me several days to get comfortable using a handheld metal detector. I used every setting on the thing to try and determine the best operating procedure for the conditions I hunted in. This was back in the late 70s, when detectors were not that advanced. Most good detectorist spend years with their machines to get advantage over those who occassionally hunt. In this world of diminshing areas and especially good or virgin areas, you had better be able to find most of the good stuff before someone finds your new territory. There is plenty of competition out there. The same can't be said about LRL users, or dowsers. We don't have the competition because no handheld metal detector will find an object deeper than about 3 feet, max. Also we are not looking for random lost items, but instead we are looking for caches, mines, seams, and outcroppings. I have built many dowsing rods, but have never built an LRL myself, but am in the process of finding the materials to do so. Good Luck. rockhound

Rocky---

In this topic's Original Post, it was made clear that this thread was for anyone knowing how LRLs supposedly worked, and could describe that, to post it here.

All you have done is cobble together a series of disjointed cut-and-paste gobbledegook and buzzwords, all the while claiming that you are knowledgeable enough in electronics to design something which would have a chance of working. However, judging from your statements, plus your answers to my questions, you do not---not even close.

So, rather than providing anything which approaches what the OP requested, you have instead spewed forth BS in that regard, and additionally reiterated most of the typical fantastic claims and nonsense which has already been proffered by those LRL promoters and con artists who came here before you, and which has been thoroughly trounced, over and over again, by those who actually do know about the functioning of a large variety of electronics components and devices.

:sign13:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
What does that have to do with the topic and OP? You seem to be on the wrong thread.

In this topic's Original Post, it was made clear that this thread was for anyone knowing how LRLs supposedly worked, and could describe that, to post it here.

All you have done is cobble together a series of disjointed cut-and-paste gobbledegook and buzzwords, all the while claiming that you are knowledgeable enough in electronics to design something which would have a chance of working. However, judging from your statements, plus your answers to my questions, you do not---not even close.

So, rather than providing anything which approaches what the OP requested, you have instead spewed forth BS in that regard, and additionally reiterated most of the typical fantastic claims and nonsense which has already been proffered by those LRL promoters and con artists who came here before you, and which has been thoroughly trounced, over and over again, by those who actually do know about the functioning of a large variety of electronics components and devices.
Darn...I thought that rockhound and I were talking about the correct subject..LRL’s and MFD’s used by Treasure Hunters

TreasureNet is about treasure hunting, metal detecting and prospecting
With that, I open this forum to the discussion of said devices.
Re: When Science shouts to the deaf
Reply To This Topic #35 Posted Jun 16, 2010, 04:00:20 PM Quote

This is ME. Marc Austin... the administrator and owner of this site. I am the one who warns people against fraudulent devices.

I have never said "there is not a device capable of locating gold and silver from a distance".

I have only stated the FACT... that >I< have seen people ripped off by fraudulent devices... and I recommend spending money to chat with a geophysicist BEFORE spending ONE dime on ANY LRL. Just get a second opinion before making your purchase. The wad you save just might be your own! HMM, a new header for the LRL forum!

Now - if you have a problem running your potential purchase past someone educated in things like locating things.... well say so... so we can cut to the chase.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
Darn...I thought that rockhound and I were talking about the correct subject..LRL’s and MFD’s used by Treasure Hunters

Art---

Since you are unfamiliar with the Internet and the use of forums, let me explain it to you.

There are Section Titles. A Section is where it lists all the various Topic Titles which are within it. Like the LRL Section, where the notice from Marc that you posted came from.

The various Topice are where people post stuff which pertains to that specific Topic.

What I was telling you is that your post did not pertain to this Topic. Get it?

If some of the words in my explanation are too big for you, simply look them up in a dictionary, here.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Really, I have not seen any indication that anyone here who claims to know electronics has a clue about anything that is used in treasure hunting. Furthermore, I have not heard of anyone here finding anything with a treasure finding device, while professing to understand their operation. I am not going to teach you, you can buy a book to find out how they work. If I was going to spoonfeed you, I would demand compensation. This is a total waste of my time and I need to let it sink back into the gutter from which it came. rockhound

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
rockhound said:
Really, I have not seen any indication that anyone here who claims to know electronics has a clue about anything that is used in treasure hunting. Furthermore, I have not heard of anyone here finding anything with a treasure finding device, while professing to understand their operation. I am not going to teach you, you can buy a book to find out how they work. If I was going to spoonfeed you, I would demand compensation. This is a total waste of my time and I need to let it sink back into the gutter from which it came. rockhound

Then you have not read many posts here. There are at least two people on here who have successfully built metal detectors. And several who have used treasure hunting equipment.

You are correct when you say that you are not going to teach me. Your line of BS is worthless.

I already know how metal detectors work, and it's obvious that you don't.

You are also correct when you say that it is a total waste of your time. And it is also a total waste of everyone elses, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread